Estate Attorney

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is sad, makes me glad I’m an only child. I remember when my great-grandparents died. Relatives descended that I’d never even heard of and I know they hadn’t seen Granny and Gramps for decades. They showed up and started claiming “oh they promised me this” and “they promised me that.” It was disgusting. Thankfully all her stuff has already been distributed and she’s living with our daughter in Las Vegas. Only thing left is the money.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically anything over 6 days is losing money
The GMLOS (geometric mean length of stay) is based off the DRG. Every patient has one, & admin & discharge planners use it as a guide for discharge. If you are admitted for pneumonia, your GMLOS might be 3.2 days. If you decline & end up in icu on a vent/ surgery, or need dialysis, the coders can update the GMLOS, to say 9.6 days. Then that will get a bigger reimb payment to cover the additional care. Discharge planners & Admin review the LOS on every patient. Every single day. The docs & discharge planners have to answer to admin about why the patient has been here past The GMLOS. Could be a medical reason & patient isn’t clinically ready. Could be an insurance issue-waiting for prior auth approval to go to an LTACH or nursing home. Could be transport issue. Hospitals don’t want to discharge before patient is clinically ready, but the split second they are medically ready, admin wants to know why the patient is still there.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my Aunt (Uncle's Wife) passed, her will left everything to him.

Then, he passed, 4 months later.
When they got married, she had 3 children, 2 were grown, out of school and out of the house. The youngest was 7.

His will left everything to the youngest daughter.

Her niece asked her for one of Papa's work shirts and a pink blouse (that she given to her Grandma) to make memory pillows.

She was told, "NO, nobody gets anything, it's MINE."

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contact Holmes, Holmes and Neisent in OKC. Best damn estate planning law firm in Oklahoma. They understand Medicaid, VA, Social Security. HHNLAW

She needs a Durable Power of Attorney, Medical POA, Will, put everything in a Revocable Trust. Once the loved one passes away, the Trustee (your wife if selected) can transfer assets based on the wishes of her mother. Be sure the Trust indicates that anyone protesting the Trust gets nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom