European Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
95B68073-C806-416E-A9C8-3B8404EB8B30.jpeg
Shot this buck during rifle season. I had planned to do the mount myself, just never got around to it. Left the head hanging in my shed for the entire time until early last week. Saw and add on Craigslist, made a phone call and got this done in about 4 days. Jason did a great job with it. Sorry he had to work through the bad smell!

Anybody else get a European mount done this year?

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I built a buck boiler a few years ago. Heavy duty feed bucket and an element out of a hot water heater. I’ve done a bunch of mine and friends come over and we sit around and have a cool one while the boiler works.
Looks like yours came out nice. You might check with your guy and see if he minds you posting his info or sending it via pm to those interested.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been boiling skulls on a cheap propane fish cooker and a stainless “turkey fryer” pot since the early 90’s. There are quite a few “recipes”, but sal soda is what I use to get most of the big stuff off. There is still a little scraping involved but not much.

If I was serious about doing euros or was going to do them for other people (for profit), I’d get some dermestid beetles.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been boiling skulls on a cheap propane fish cooker and a stainless “turkey fryer” pot since the early 90’s. There are quite a few “recipes”, but sal soda is what I use to get most of the big stuff off. There is still a little scraping involved but not much.

If I was serious about doing euros or was going to do them for other people (for profit), I’d get some dermestid beetles.
We use oxyclean I think is what it is in the boiling water it has worked best so far we use a turkey cooker burner also

Latest posts

Top Bottom