EV Manufacturer Canoo building multi-billion dollar facility near Pryor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt and the Oklahoma Department of Commerce announced a historic electric vehicle manufacturing investment on Thursday.
According to a release issued by the Governor's office, Canoo, a Los Angeles based company that develops electric vehicles, announced a commitment to create more than 2,000 jobs and build its first mega microfactory on a 400-acre site at the MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor, Oklahoma.

“Oklahoma has always been a pioneer in the energy industry, and this partnership with Canoo shows that our state is an innovation leader in electric vehicle technology,” Governor Stitt said. “We are thrilled to partner with Canoo and Chairman and CEO Tony Aquila to provide high-paying jobs for Oklahomans and position America as the global leader for vehicle manufacturing for decades to come.”

According to the the governors office, Canoo's mega microfactory will include a full commercialization facility with a paint, body shop and general assembly plant as well as a low-volume industrialization facility.

The mega microfactory is currently slated to open in 2023. Canoo's first vehicle is scheduled to head to market in late 2022
upload_2021-6-17_14-2-6.png

https://www.canoo.com/

https://www.newson6.com/story/60cb5...facturer-canoo-to-bring-2000-jobs-to-oklahoma

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My God those are uckin' fugly.

<Edit> Made in Oklahoma or not - no way.
I kind of like the box van looking one, just because it seems to make the most use of it's available footprint. But the others have definitely been beaten with both ends of the ugly stick. Even worse than that, they don't have engines in them. :angry3:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pickup looks like a Lumina van chopped in half with a pickup bed appended. I would have to have super dark tint installed before driving one, lol.

I looked in the FAQ and apparently 'how much' isn't a common question. Does anyone know what they will sell for?

I was saddened to learn I can only pre-order 10 in one transaction.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coolio! We have some land and stuff near Pryor's industrial park and it makes me happy to see it grow more. So happy, that I went ahead and purchased some GOEV stock while it's cheap.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The pickup looks like a Lumina van chopped in half with a pickup bed appended. I would have to have super dark tint installed before driving one, lol.

I looked in the FAQ and apparently 'how much' isn't a common question. Does anyone know what they will sell for?

I was saddened to learn I can only pre-order 10 in one transaction.
Lol! Start you a Canoo dealership. [emoji3]

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Los Angeles-based electric vehicle startup Canoo is bringing its first vehicle to market next year. The company said Monday its electric microbus-slash-van will be available to buy in 2022 at a base price of $34,750 before tax incentives or add-ons"

Latest posts

Top Bottom