Even legal marijuana users can’t buy guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've come around to this thinking as i've aged. It mostly has to do with the suffering i've seen from people who would otherwise have benefitted from pot. Especially when some of the 'legal' drugs prescribed had such nasty and negative side effects.

There is no medically indicated reason to make marijuana legal for recreation - just as the medical availability of opiate derived medicines is not an argument for legal recreational heroin.
In this post I am not commenting on the argument for/against legalizing this or other drugs just pointing out that they are not related.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no medically indicated reason to make marijuana legal for recreation - just as the medical availability of opiate derived medicines is not an argument for legal recreational heroin.
In this post I am not commenting on the argument for/against legalizing this or other drugs just pointing out that they are not related.

my post had nothing to do with recreational use. I've just seen first hand that some prescription drugs that were meant to help a loved one had far worse side effects than smoking weed did. The idea that something must be 'better' or 'safer' because it comes from big Phram is ridiculous. You can be on a lot of drugs that screw with your head far worse than weed does and still pass the ATF paperwork.

though to be honest, i do know people who use it recreationally in a far more responsible way than many use (legal) alcohol in this college town.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
my post had nothing to do with recreational use. I've just seen first hand that some prescription drugs that were meant to help a loved one had far worse side effects than smoking weed did. The idea that something must be 'better' or 'safer' because it comes from big Phram is ridiculous. You can be on a lot of drugs that screw with your head far worse than weed does and still pass the ATF paperwork.

though to be honest, i do know people who use it recreationally in a far more responsible way than many use (legal) alcohol in this college town.
I think your real argument against wealth.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regular users of cannabis can develop a problem called Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. It's pretty rough on people, and I see it quite frequently. Trying to convince someone to stop smoking weed so they will stop puking their toenails up every day and throwing themselves into acute renal failure and/or severe life-threathening electrolyte imbalances regularly is pretty much a losing proposition, I've found.

It's not as harmless as some would have you think.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regular users of cannabis can develop a problem called Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. It's pretty rough on people, and I see it quite frequently. Trying to convince someone to stop smoking weed so they will stop puking their toenails up every day and throwing themselves into acute renal failure and/or severe life-threathening electrolyte imbalances regularly is pretty much a losing proposition, I've found.

It's not as harmless as some would have you think.

http://hightimes.com/medicinal/what-is-cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome/

Known many heavy users over the years and never saw any of these reactions fortunately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom