Even more spam on my phone and no option to block it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't say that neither the wife nor I get spam text messages. Maybe Android phones have an advantage?

We do get the occasional spam phone call. Oddly, we've not received one about warranties in a while, but the wife keeps getting some with a recorded voice informing her that if she doesn't take "their recommended action," there will be legal ramifications.
Some of my research gave me the impression that Android has a way of blocking texts from emails, but iPhone doesn't have a good way. I don't have an android, so I could be wrong...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back from the AT&T store. They said they get them too on their phones. They also said to go to the last email on the list in the 20 others file and that is the one you block because that is the sender's email. They also said if you look right above the initial seeeex.com website they send out the email will be in legalese sized fine print above the text box. By God it was and it was the same as the last email in that list. Just info that email and block the sender. I have about ten minutes worth of blocking to do now,

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do what Snattlerake said, I go for the email address and block them but they can come up with a hjndred million email addresses if tey have the time and wants.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do what Snattlerake said, I go for the email address and block them but they can come up with a hjndred million email addresses if tey have the time and wants.
You know they use an email generating tool. Ain't nobody throwing together all that mess and remembering it all. THey doit to send it out once and phish for a reaction. Every cast is another fake email that will never be used again.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I got an email that showed to be an OSA PM notification (it's still in my trash folder):

"MacFromOK, garne089 started a new private message with you at Oklahoma Shooters. hey)
MacFromOK, hey) Emilly, 25, female. Rate my naked photos on sex dating site, click link: http://fastdate24.com/hotgirl93"

Gotta love the new updated security...
106175-49d784bef6807223563e66ec189df5d0.jpg

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call ATT and have them block all texts from email addresses. Takes about 5 minutes.
Seconding this. I had the same issues on ATT end of May, right after the wife passed. Couldnt deal with it.. Called ATT and explained the situation. Took the rep about 5 minutes to block txt from emails at the service level. Haven't gotten a single spam txt since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom