Ever been bit by a horse ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a young pup I was at my uncles house in Ky. and just as I was getting on the paint horse he had it turned his head and bit me on the thigh, best I can recall it hurt like hell and I screamed like a banchee.

My uncle was standing there and the horse didn't drop like in the movie but he hit the horse hard dead between eyes with his fist kinda like Mongo in the movie Blazing Saddles.........don't think I've even thought about getting on a horse since. :)

Horse-Bite.gif

mongo.gif

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cousin Bill has a horse down in Texas next to the lake property. That guy loves to horse around and cause all sorts of problems. He’ll even steal the keys out of the 4 wheeler or SxS and run off with them.
He nipped hard at me once. After I knocked the stuffing out of him, he won’t do it again. Every time he gets nippy, I just ask him if he wants to get punched and show him the fist, he backs down.
One has got to control a 1200 lb animal or it will run roughshod over you.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The scene with Mongo was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the video of this year’s Kentucky Derby winner biting the outrider and his horse. Imagine the outrage if that happened in today‘s namby pamby world!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only once. A friend of my grandfather had a Shetland that he offered to let my siblings ride. They were 2 and I was 10. So my dad dropped me off at the home and I was to ride him back. That thing was a mean lil bugger! Tried bucking me off 3 times until I stripped a branch back and swatted it on its rump a couple of times. As soon as I got back and dismounted him, he reached over and nipped my arm. Told my dad the kids shouldn't ride it and after he saw my arm he said no way. He ended up leading the demon horse back while on a 4 wheeler. I heard he chewed the guy out for suggesting that the kids ride and ill tempered pony like that.

Now playful nibbles, had many.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As teenagers a friend of mine and i cut through a field ( complete with horses) on the walk back from hunting.. one came up to him, he says “ i got a way with animals” as he reached up to pet her.. she bit him on the side just above the belt. Once i was sure he wasnt going to shoot her, i said “ boy good thing you got a way with animals, that ***** might of killed you!”.. after that we could pull up someplace with dogs, and id say “ mike you better get out first you got a way with animals..”

Latest posts

Top Bottom