Ever been bit by a horse ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, where was the camel?
I got bit by one at busch gardens in St Louis back about 1970
Carson & Barnes circus. I spent about a month as a roustabout until they tried to get me killed one night. I got along great with most of the animals but that one camel and one elephant did not like me at all.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Onery quarterhorse filly named Peaches bit my shoulder, I immediately grabbed and bit her left ear hard, the look on her face as I quicky got in the saddle and and made her back up and turn around 5 times and then spurred and ran her hard a half mile, then made her turn around and rewalk to the barn, then sat on her and roped a post for an hour, she hated standing still while the rope flew around.
I unsaddled and washed her with the garden hose sprayer, which she didnt like and fed her when I was done.
Next day she was a whole lot nicer behaved horse. Never bit me again

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my brother had a team of mules to pull his chuck wagon, every now & then we would saddle the mules up just to see how steep of a hill they could climb, mules are about as sure footed as a goat, but these mules were mean, kick, bite, buck you name it they done it, was bitten by them several times while riding them never very hard, one day they got way out of hand my brother took a 20 gauge shotgun and shot both of them in the hind side while they were running from him, he was at a pretty good distance from them but close enough he had to dig some bird shot out of their hide. them mules instantly turned into the most well behaved gentlest mules you ever seen.

i suspect like Cowbaby mentioned that is probably a stud in the video, I have had a couple of well behaved stud horses but you always got to be real careful especially if you are around mares, if they smell a mare in heat their brains stop functioning and they get real unpredictable

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been bit, as a youth I caught both rear hoves in the chest. Thankfully there weren’t but just a little bit left on the stroke. I picked myself up off the ground later when I caught my breath.
First of many near death misadventures 😆
Last time I didn’t pay attention to what an animal was telling me.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bit, kicked, head butted from every direction possible, stepped on, smooshed against fences/walls, dumped, bucked, slipped, thrown, hit with objects thrown. (yes, horses can throw ****) I even had a Persheron intentionally shove me into an electric fence......presumably because I laughed at him when he carelessly brushed his nose against it.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been chased down and almost kicked a few times but never bitten.
I’ve known two people that have been bitten by horses. It was pretty serious bite.

I just don’t trust horses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom