Ever been bit by a horse ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamX

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been chased down and almost kicked a few times but never bitten.
I’ve known two people that have been bitten by horses. It was pretty serious bite.

I just don’t trust horses.
lol. How did you end up being chased by a horse?? Backstory, if you remember any.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got bit on my ear, by a small horse, when I was around 8-9… from what I remember it was for no reason at all, just standing there. Since I still have my ear lobe, it probably was just a nibble… that freaked me on horses. My next experience as a kid of 12’ish - picnic at a farm, friend of my Dad. That damn horse tried to take me out with branches, etc.. finally rolled and I jumped.. horse just don’t agree with me.. I’ve gone riding a few times as an adult, but stable horses probably know better 🤔

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol. How did you end up being chased by a horse?? Backstory, if you remember any.
Yeah man. It happened a few times. My neighbors growing up always had horses. The first time was when I was a kid. Probably around 12 or 13. Every summer they would go on an extended vacation. They would pay pay me to feed the dogs, horses. Take care of the yard. Repair fences. Just stuff like that.
They had this one stud horse named Red. Red was very territorial and a complete A-hole.😂 He would bully people if he could. I remember once I was in the little metal building he kept the feed in and this horse positioned himself against the door as to where I couldn’t get out of the shed. I ended up having to pop out an old stuck sliding window the side to crawl out.😂

He would occasionally just take off charging me from across the field. Usually could get back on the other side of the fence with plenty of time. But sometimes it would be spooky close. Looking back on it he was just a bully and probably wouldn’t have actually hurt me as I never heard of him actually hurting anyone else.
Once he changed me and I was in the middle of a field. I wasn’t going to get away. I just happen to have the feed bucket in my hand. I hauled off and threw it at him hitting him directly between the eyes. He was shocked and just came to a immediate halt. He just sort of bucked around and flexed while I just started backing away. I could have **** my pants.
Fast forward to the last couple years. He has another stud horse that was pretty territorial too. The first time I realized this was about 3 or 4 years ago when I was walking across his field to go fishing and here he comes. I fully admit to thinking “well this is it. this is how I’m going out”😂 But he stopped and started bucking around and decided not to stomp me out that day.
But to balance things out, he also had this horse named Socks. Socks was as gentle as could be. He was the horse all the kids rode. That sucker has to be 6 foot at the shoulder. Big big horse. But he truly was a gentle giant.

TeamX

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah man. It happened a few times. My neighbors growing up always had horses. The first time was when I was a kid. Probably around 12 or 13. Every summer they would go on an extended vacation. They would pay pay me to feed the dogs, horses. Take care of the yard. Repair fences. Just stuff like that.
They had this one stud horse named Red. Red was very territorial and a complete A-hole.😂 He would bully people if he could. I remember once I was in the little metal building he kept the feed in and this horse positioned himself against the door as to where I couldn’t get out of the shed. I ended up having to pop out an old stuck sliding window the side to crawl out.😂

He would occasionally just take off charging me from across the field. Usually could get back on the other side of the fence with plenty of time. But sometimes it would be spooky close. Looking back on it he was just a bully and probably wouldn’t have actually hurt me as I never heard of him actually hurting anyone else.
Once he changed me and I was in the middle of a field. I wasn’t going to get away. I just happen to have the feed bucket in my hand. I hauled off and threw it at him hitting him directly between the eyes. He was shocked and just came to a immediate halt. He just sort of bucked around and flexed while I just started backing away. I could have **** my pants.
Fast forward to the last couple years. He has another stud horse that was pretty territorial too. The first time I realized this was about 3 or 4 years ago when I was walking across his field to go fishing and here he comes. I fully admit to thinking “well this is it. this is how I’m going out”😂 But he stopped and started bucking around and decided not to stomp me out that day.
But to balance things out, he also had this horse named Socks. Socks was as gentle as could be. He was the horse all the kids rode. That sucker has to be 6 foot at the shoulder. Big big horse. But he truly was a gentle giant.
Hahaha:pms2: Thanks for sharing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked the Osage County Ranches when a kid and found out quickly that you had to make a horse respect you. They will bully someone in a heartbeat and can sense if someone is new to riding.
Uncle had a horse that would follow you when quail hunting across his pasture. He wasn't an issue but just wanted company.
One day Uncle called and said the horse was impaled on a T post. Post entered its scrotum and was coming out it's back when I drove up. Vet was there along with a gin pole truck that had put some canvas slings under the belly of the horse.
Vet gave it a tranquilizer and the gin pole truck lifted the horse off the pole. After examination, and a week or so at the Vets place, he determined no vitals had been damaged and found bird shot in the hind quarters. Evidently some trespassers had been in the field, the horse got in their way and they shot it which resulted in it being impaled on the Tpost, but the gonads had to be removed which later on was found to make that horse crazy. We renamed him no-balls.
He would take a saddle, but when getting on he would break into a full run that wouldn't stop until he was exhausted or the rider fell off.
We finally found out that putting a hackamore on him to keep the head down would keep him under control and rideable.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason, dad bought a horse off of a friend of his. I was 12 and my sis was 8. I never asked for one and sis never went near her. It was my job to feed and water, saddle and ride the damn thing. Her name was Lady Buck and she sure did. That damn Appoloosa would shy at a piece of paper or a leaf flitting across the road. She would take off in a dead run and you could not stop her. The last time I "rode" her the saddle got loose and I was riding upside down, rather holding on for dear life. She drug me for about a hundred feet. I didn't want to let go because then I would have to chase her down. I was one scraped up bleeding Bactine and Mercurochrome patient.

She would bite me and step on my foot grinding it into the ground. I swear she was grinning while she was doing it too. She bucked dad and then kicked him. He tricked her into kicking him again while he was holding a pitchfork. She was given back to his friend.

In college, I had a job at the Alva sale barn. No problem with any of the horses there at all.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked the Osage County Ranches when a kid and found out quickly that you had to make a horse respect you. They will bully someone in a heartbeat and can sense if someone is new to riding.
Uncle had a horse that would follow you when quail hunting across his pasture. He wasn't an issue but just wanted company.
One day Uncle called and said the horse was impaled on a T post. Post entered its scrotum and was coming out it's back when I drove up. Vet was there along with a gin pole truck that had put some canvas slings under the belly of the horse.
Vet gave it a tranquilizer and the gin pole truck lifted the horse off the pole. After examination, and a week or so at the Vets place, he determined no vitals had been damaged and found bird shot in the hind quarters. Evidently some trespassers had been in the field, the horse got in their way and they shot it which resulted in it being impaled on the Tpost, but the gonads had to be removed which later on was found to make that horse crazy. We renamed him no-balls.
He would take a saddle, but when getting on he would break into a full run that wouldn't stop until he was exhausted or the rider fell off.
We finally found out that putting a hackamore on him to keep the head down would keep him under control and rideable.
I really don't know how to "like" this post. I'm mad at the hunters and sad for the horse but laughed at no balls and have experienced the dead run or fall off routine many times. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't know how to "like" this post. I'm mad at the hunters and sad for the horse but laughed at no balls and have experienced the dead run or fall off routine many times. :anyone:
He was a challenge to ride. At 14 years old we are invincible, and it became a challenge to get him under control. The hackamore putting his nose into his chest was the trick. Nobody else would ride him as it was high maintenance.
Forgot that stupid shetland that another uncle bought. Who ever thought that breed was cool for kids to ride needed horse whipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom