Ever Double Charge Win 231?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is... a squib completely blocks the barrel, allowing even a lesser amount of total gas to still pressure up enough to cycle.

Just my two cents. :drunk2:

During rapid fire events like matches, etc it's rare but not unheard of in the course of fire to get a squib or low pressure discharge, where the shooter is so caught up in the excitement of the match that they will pull the trigger, get a squib or low pressure discharge, thinking they had a ftl and cycle the action manually resulting in a bullet left in the barrel.
The job of the range safety officer, timekeeper and spectators is to watch and listen to what is going on and alert the shooter to cease fire.
I've had two squibs in my years of competition, but they were primer squibs with no powder, and the action couldn't come back to battery because the bullet was just past the mouth of the brass and another couldn't chamber.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with all of the above. I have not seen a double charge of 231 in an auto but I have seen the aftermath of a double charge of 231 in a revolver. Top half of the cylinder as well as the top strap were gone. Luckily the guy was not hurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom