Ever get accidental bonuses with orders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a contact at Honeywell Tech Support. Every time I got a replacement part for a BOB, bad-out-of-box, he included a hard candy, kind of a professional apology. I guess that's why I was 20 pounds overweight. :pms2:

I got a yellow laffy taffy with an order from anarchy outdoors when I ordered some CZ parts once. I thought that was nifty.
If you ever get raw peanuts in a ziploc bag, just remember they may have originally been chocolate covered...
:drunk2:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a turning mount for my wood lathe and for what ever reason there was a radio shack 9 volt battery still in the package!! Tested good and took the opportunity to change the batteries in the smoke detectors !! The radio shack battery is in the back room cause I snugged my aluminum foil hat down to tight and thought maybe it was a alphabet listening device!!! Them devious bastidges will only hear the dryer thunking when the other half forgets to take her tennis shoes out to air dry!! :Heya:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a red dot mount from Amazon for a pistol.
Should have came in a small blister pack.
It showed up in a box that was 1’ X 2’ and 12” high.
Inside the box along with the dot mount was about 200 or so 2”X3”wood rectangles 1/8” thick.
Appears to be mahogany.
No letter of why that was inside the box.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story, at work we ordered some parts from one of our vendors in Las Vegas about 8 months ago. Rather than receiving the parts, what came in was a box full of different margarita mix, and other random drinking items. We got a good laugh, but at the end of the day, we had equipment down, losing money, and were still waiting on parts! We called the vendor, explained what happened and sent them pictures. It turns out that their shipping department got a box mixed up, and they sent us some supplies for their Christmas party! We got the parts we needed the next day with an apology letter in the box, and were told to keep the drink mix.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Inside the box along with the dot mount was about 200 or so 2”X3”wood rectangles 1/8” thick.
Appears to be mahogany.
At today's prices that wood may be worth more than the red dot...

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a set of screwdriver tips from Brownells.
Set arrived in a plastic bag and there was one missing but did have a duplicate of another.
I called and they sent the missing one and told me to keep the extra one.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a red dot mount from Amazon for a pistol.
Should have came in a small blister pack.
Appears to be mahogany.
No letter of why that was inside the box.
That's got to be the weirdest one I've heard so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom