Ever Heard of DesertTech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cult is an off-shoot of the Mormons. They are into polygamy, incest, etc. But the show was about massive financial fraud, of various types, and laundrying money in Turkey. One brother had $168 million in Turkey when he was arrested. Really an interesting case, and quite successful until the whistleblower provided information.

The reference to DesertTech was brief, just stating that they were one of the businesses owned by the "Order".

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I think what Jimmy is talking about can be found here, in this, from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

It's interesting to read how Brother Elden died, …"Brother Elden died of penile cancer in 1948, despite the best efforts of some family members to burn away the cancer using acid. Elden had predicted that he would be resurrected from the dead, so clan members kept his body on ice for three days, to no avail". (Ouch).

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

This group is well known in Utah, as The Kingstons, or The Order. They have a vast amount of land, property, businesses...and one of those businesses, DesertTech is owned by a fellow named Nick Young , a "numbered man" in the cult, number 72 as I believe it is. That means he is pretty high up the ladder in the group. The beliefs of this extremist group are almost unfathomable, such as "soy makes you gay", rampant use of the n-word, even today and even among children, many of whom are born with defects such as no fingernails, no genitals, sloping foreheads, etc due to wide-spread incest. They want above all to keep themselves ''pure white", to the point of inbreeding. They believe they really are PURE. In Utah, they are called the Mafia of the Extreme White Power Movement.

They are an outcast group of the LDS Church and of society in Utah and elsewhere too, much like the KKK is viewed today, but these guys make the KKK look like cub scouts. Cub Scouts I'm telling you, for real. Anyway, these guys are killers, criminals, tax evaders, baby rapers/murderers/and incestuous bastardos of the highest degree. They gloat at defrauding of the Federal Government. I had never heard of the Kingstons...until I decided to go to the U of U after high School here in Oklahoma. What kid doesn't want to go somewhere different for college? Lots do. Their name and reports of them were always in the shadows, never even spoken of much, outside the occasional mention within the relatively closed society of the University itself (and perhaps, I suspect, at or in the higher levels of the Mormon church). There were rumors back then of huge weapons stockpiles and secretive compounds where these people lived, and it was well known they practiced polygamy and incest even then. I NEVER heard anyone speak of this group with anything but disdain and disbelief, that they could corrupt the Mormon Beliefs so drastically. Much like, I suppose, certain elements within Islam have corrupted the teachings of Allah?

So, to say they are a cult is putting it mildly. They are indeed a secretive, closed cult, despised by the vast majority but so wealthy, and so powerful, and with their fingers in so many parts of so many pies, its difficult to find them, even harder to stop them.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whistleblower is the daughter of one of the leaders, and worked in the businesses so she had detailed information. She left because her father wanted her to marry her cousin.

And we think we have odd folks here...

Latest posts

Top Bottom