Ever see a 22lr rim explode? (Now a 2nd one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to look for this case and get a few more pictures of it. Had forgotten about it until seeing the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 14

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! I have over 40,000 rnds of bulk Remington, half in buckets and the other half in 500 rd boxes. Now,,, I am wondering which Rifle I want to shoot them in in case of failure.
I'm still waiting to see if they follow through on replacing the ammo. And then I'll have to decide what rifle I might be willing to test it in.

I'm just glad it didn't happen in my Willdcat. Pretty sure a polymer reciever wouldn't hold up well to this.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had this happen to me several years ago with some ammo and i contacted the manufacturer and they sent me boxes and prepaid shipping labels to send them the unfired ammo and the malfunctioned ammo plus my gun. they sent my gun to Remington and had it completely gone through even though there was no damage, a week later I get a packet in the mail with a nondisclosure agreement with the terms so per the NDA I got my 60 year old rifle rebuilt and 10,000 rounds of ammo for free and the ammo line was discontinued.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to recall some .22 lr cases splitting longitudinally years ago while firing aRuger Mk. II, 10" bull barrel stainless.....Winchester Wildcat ammo? Seems it happened to a couple/three rounds...but yeah.

Latest posts

Top Bottom