Every cop's nightmare...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Snattlerake that book taught me an important life lesson -- no matter how bad you have it there is ALWAYS someone who has had it worse. ALWAYS ...

Life ain't fair. Sooner you figure that out the better you will sleep at night -- and the less of your life will be wasted waiting around (and generally whining -- both out loud and to yourself) for everyone around you to do the right thing as defined by you. (Not "you" Snattlerake -- it's rhetorical.)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Na. I am different is all. Just refuse to idolize the ways of a defunct generation.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but those of us referred to as "Boomers" don't necessarily take it as a put-down. Being that you are of your generation, I question whether you will ever understand.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread with great interest. Sir, @Adhdferret, I understand your reasoning and I also from reading your posts, think that you have had great damage done to you in your early family life. I don't think you want sympathy, you just want understanding. I read that a cop and apparently the local court system saved you from your abusive parents. I applaud you for being honest during your OHP? interview telling them you would have great difficulty maintaining not if but when you ran across a child abuse call. On most of your posts, I can see your point from your life experiences.

It is only when people start to spout the same lies and rhetoric that the LE community has endured from the MSM and Sharpton, and Holder and others, and even Obama himself when he rushed to judgement not once but several times, that rubs us raw. Only non informed, mis informed, people parrot these lies and soon, the lies become the absolute gospel truth because you do not hear the real truth from the MSM because it does not fit what they want to do to this country.

You brought up examples but let me try one. Micheal Brown in Ferguson, MO. He was not a choirboy in church. He stole from a store and when he was approached by a cop, he ignored the commands/instructions of a peace officer performing his duties and instead attacked the cop in his patrol car attempting to get the cop's gun. In the process, he was killed by the cop defending himself.

Now if the media had done their job, this would have been a tragic loss of a young man's life because he made a bad decision and did not comply. Not the lie, "Hands up, don't shoot!" which never happened. The "eyewitness" that said this later recanted his statement in the grand jury room in which this officer's career was ruined even when he was not indicted.

This was blown so out of proportion and over the top with out and out lies and deceit by power hungry self ordained ministers and politicians, and Collin Capperphuque's shenanigans, it took on a life of its own. Millions of times it was paraded as a murder of a black kid by a white cop and referenced back to every time another incident occurred that was even close to what happened, (didn't happen) in this case.

Our point, we are damn sick and tired of people thinking they could do a better job of police work with all of the stress that comes with the job without the lies and anti police rhetoric added to it. Defund the police and let people run rampant in stores because prosecutors won't do their jobs causing businesses to close. Yeah that there city of CHOP really worked, didn't it? In one month they had two murders?

I would love to see these loud mouthed pussified wannabes go through a full afternoon of a shoot - don't shoot simulator. I would program in Mike Brown in the middle of it and see exactly what would happen.

As I have said I understand you, I just don't agree with you on some of your convictions.

Have you heard of or read the book, A Child Called It by David Pelzer? It opened my eyes.
Well said, but you're wasting your time. The 'person' you're reaching out to is a troll. He's not here to listen to reason, as a matter of fact that's the last thing he wants, if it were he would have been, at least somewhat open-minded as others provided examples showing him why he's wrong. Make no mistake about it he's here for one reason and that's to to bring the biased hateful mentality typical of Facebook to our forum.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look man, some folks really get hurt by words. Don't be knocking guys that need to be shielded from such damage.
"Hurt by words" not a chance. Try tired of listening to stupidity uttered by a troll who's life consists of hiding behind his computer playing keyboard warrior and criticizing those in a profession he doesn't know the first thing about.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Hurt by words" not a chance. Try tired of listening to stupidity uttered by a troll who's life consists of hiding behind his computer playing keyboard warrior and criticizing those in a profession he doesn't know the first thing about.

Yeah, I've heard that before myself. Even had some Fudd on here accuse me of being an ex-convict. There's a difference between "all cops bad" and "policing needs reform".

That's cool, I guess "ignore" is good for some folks. Especially those that only want to hear one side of an issue.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that before myself. Even had some Fudd on here accuse me of being an ex-convict. There's a difference between "all cops bad" and "policing needs reform".

That's cool, I guess "ignore" is good for some folks. Especially those that only want to hear one side of an issue.
Listening to only "one side of an issue" has nothing to do with it. Having a one-sided conversation with someone who only came here to argue is a completely different thing. I'd think you would recognize the type...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listening to only "one side of an issue" has nothing to do with it. Having a one-sided conversation with someone who only came here to argue is a completely different thing. I'd think you would recognize the type...
The dude's an asshat, no argument. But he does concede he's been helped by the police, and he does make some valid points.

And arguing - not name calling or simply yelling at each other is good. (it makes each side observe another point of view)

Some folks just get very emotional over any criticism of their particular view, and resort to "you must be" or "you never"..... it's pretty weak but I get it. It's almost like attacking someone's religion.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dude's an asshat, no argument. But he does concede he's been helped by the police, and he does make some valid points.

And arguing - not name calling or simply yelling at each other is good. (it makes each side observe another point of view)

Some folks just get very emotional over any criticism of their particular view, and resort to "you must be" or "you never"..... it's pretty weak but I get it. It's almost like attacking someone's religion.
Show me where he's open to any point of view other than his own?

Also, just so we're clear, I do not get emotional over criticism, I dealt with it every day mostly from people who, like ferret, don't have a clue, but when it was constructive and helpful I listened and responded accordingly. However, since you obviously didn't get it the first time I said it let me try again. An intelligent discussion with someone who is open to the fact that he doesn't have all the answers, especially since he never worked in the capacity he is criticizing, is one thing. I'll happily listen to a different point of view all day in that case and debate it in a civilized manner. An argument with a troll who refuses to admit he may not have all the answers and instead just keeps repeating the same, worn out narrative we hear from the MSM every day is another and not worth my time. If you have nothing better to do than play devils advocate, knock yourself out.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show me where he's open to any point of view other than his own?

Also, I do not get emotional over criticism, I dealt with it every day mostly from people who, like ferret, don't have a clue, but when it was constructive and helpful I listened and responded accordingly. However, since you obviously didn't get it the first time I said it let me try again. An intelligent discussion with someone who is open to the fact that he doesn't have all the answers, especially since he never worked in the capacity he is criticizing, is one thing. I'll happily listen to a different point of view all day in the case and debate it in a civilized manner. An argument with a troll who refuses to admit he may not have all the answers and instead just keeps repeating the same, worn out narrative we hear from the MSM every day is another and not worth my time. If you have nothing better to do than play devils advocate, knock yourself out.
You know, the majority of cops are damn good, fair and honest people. Thing i think even you and I can agree on is how they protect those that are not.

Cops are so afraid of conducting a traffic stop now they have some robot they are training with to do from their car with a video screen.

Now maybe it is just me, but I would ask myself and the police why they are so afraid of the citizens they are ment to uphold the public trust with.
Just sayin'....

Just the comment earlier by one presumably ex-cop that "got out before the cameras, etc..."

That really kind of lets one know that transparency is not a virtue with all LEOs.

I have a friend, ex-TPD that was commenting on the verbal abuse officers take. He said -
"back when I was a patrolman, if one of these guys started saying MF this or MF that, we'd pull him out through the window and put a stop to it right away. Those guys may not have respected us, but they'd at least fear us".

That was a retired TPD officer, and a very respected one at that. He wasn't angry when he said it, it was just him stating how it was.

I like the old dude, I really do. But his nonchalant attitude about escalating to violence over some verbal assault by a punk speaks volumes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom