Every cop's nightmare...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are damn right!

This forum isn't unique either friend. It is often this happens when you dont subscribe to their same streaming service of daily programming.

Thing is that in 15y the majority of them won't be here to complain anymore, grasping at what was so frequently instead of what can be!

Seriously think about how damn steadfast you can really be all the way to death about simple reform! Who wants to abolish police? Defund them if that means no budget for their tanks and bearcats then sure....if it means more cops that can be trained with that money....sure you bet.

That's where you're wrong. This forum IS unique, and yes, I've been a member here for 16 years. You are correct in one aspect, some of our OGs are no longer around, but a lot of them still are.

I've been a member of a bunch of different forums over the years and this is the only one I still frequent. I still go to Glocktalk occasionally, but usually only for the classifieds.

This forum is like a family. I've met a bunch of members and I can honestly say each and every one of them were as good as gold. A handful of them I consider true lifelong friends and we still get together every now and then just to shoot the breeze.

However, as most forums go, we do have our fair share of arguments and disagreements along the way. Most of which we just agree to disagree, but sometimes a royal jackass will show up and bring a lot of misery to a great forum, and he/she will usually get all butthurt and bail. Which is sad.

But, at the end of the day, we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you don't like cops, you don't like cops. You're not the first to express your feelings about us and you definitely won't be the last. Hell, I've been called anything and everything you could possibly fathom. Usually from guys just like you, that had some bad dealings with the popo and decided to link us all in the same chain.

Luckily, I've never really had to work with a "bad" cop. Oh sure, I've worked with some that I didn't like, whether it was his attitude, his corny jokes or hell, even the way they slurped their coffee. Cops are some of the biggest pricks out there. BUT...I've never worked with one that was dirty nor have I ever covered up another flatfoot's illegal or immoral shenanigans. In a 33+ year career, at 8 different agencies, I'd say those are pretty good odds.

Go ahead and rag on me and all my brothers and sisters in blue. You'll be ignored like all the others. You just might wanna buy a big bottle of ketchup, however. It makes that crow you're gonna eat one day, go down a little better. Love ya, brah! :thumb:

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
What, if anything would you change to make LEO enforcement/civil liberty guarantees better?

Do you think there are any laws that should be changed or added to make it a better function or at least perceived as a better function of government?
Oh I know a law that could change and would be great for all. 2y of education past academy screening and minimum 4y degree.

10% of the force is allowed a vehicle for patrols. All must rotate walking a beat. Coos must carry their own insurance bond.

I do, with my profession. Damn near everyone does in their profession. Aint it funny you never hear people screaming about fireman as much as cops.

I want you as an experiment when you are out and about to ask people what their first emotion is when they see a cop coming at them.

Mix it up and ask just anyone.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's where you're wrong. This forum IS unique, and yes, I've been a member here for 16 years. You are correct in one aspect, some of our OGs are no longer around, but a lot of them still are.

I've been a member of a bunch of different forums over the years and this is the only one I still frequent. I still go to Glocktalk occasionally, but usually only for the classifieds.

This forum is like a family. I've met a bunch of members and I can honestly say each and every one of them were as good as gold. A handful of them I consider true lifelong friends and we still get together every now and then just to shoot the breeze.

However, as most forums go, we do have our fair share of arguments and disagreements along the way. Most of which we just agree to disagree, but sometimes a royal jackass will show up and bring a lot of misery to a great forum, and he/she will usually get all butthurt and bail. Which is sad.

But, at the end of the day, we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you don't like cops, you don't like cops. You're not the first to express your feelings about us and you definitely won't be the last. Hell, I've been called anything and everything you could possibly fathom. Usually from guys just like you, that had some bad dealings with the popo and decided to link us all in the same chain.

Luckily, I've never really had to work with a "bad" cop. Oh sure, I've worked with some that I didn't like, whether it was his attitude, his corny jokes or hell, even the way they slurped their coffee. Cops are some of the biggest pricks out there. BUT...I've never worked with one that was dirty nor have I ever covered up another flatfoot's illegal or immoral shenanigans. In a 33+ year career, at 8 different agencies, I'd say those are pretty good odds.

Go ahead and rag on me and all my brothers and sisters in blue. You'll be ignored like all the others. You just might wanna buy a big bottle of ketchup, however. It makes that crow you're gonna eat one day, go down a little better. Love ya, brah! :thumb:
Bro...I don't hate you, really that is what you think? I am always respectful to officers. Few years ago when I was in PA and people were killing cops I pumped the fuel for a female officer because she was terrified to get out of her car.

When I lived on 63rd and MacArthur I would often see various officers who had their CC declined buying groceries and I would pay for it.

Cops are people just like the rest of us! It is the leadership and their duty to lockstep with it and refuse to question it.

Added how there are countless videos of cops demanding you can't do this, or that...knowing full well they are wrong but holding that line till their tail is between their legs from an asschewing from their direct supervision.

Its common decency is all....and I know...trust me I know it comes from the top down. 7 years navy myself, and it ain't any different there with command.

The lone cop that pulls me over for whatever...I won't make a YouTube of the encounter, but I will record it for my safety, because God knows they will take their time to release the video to steer public perception.

In closing I dont hate you, or what you do..I loath the aspect that you can't see I appreciate your sacrifice.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I want to add that the passive aggressive ending is just distasteful and pretty adolescent to say the least.

Now I get what you mean, and it pains me that I even suspect you would act like that on the job. I want you to really reflect and try to assume yourself in the shoes of the person you would be talking to during an interview.

Do you think that person would be forthcoming with information? They won't and your department will not get a clearance rate.

These are American people, not terrorists.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bro...I don't hate you, really that is what you think? I am always respectful to officers. Few years ago when I was in PA and people were killing cops I pumped the fuel for a female officer because she was terrified to get out of her car.

When I lived on 63rd and MacArthur I would often see various officers who had their CC declined buying groceries and I would pay for it.

Cops are people just like the rest of us! It is the leadership and their duty to lockstep with it and refuse to question it.

Added how there are countless videos of cops demanding you can't do this, or that...knowing full well they are wrong but holding that line till their tail is between their legs from an asschewing from their direct supervision.

Its common decency is all....and I know...trust me I know it comes from the top down. 7 years navy myself, and it ain't any different there with command.

The lone cop that pulls me over for whatever...I won't make a YouTube of the encounter, but I will record it for my safety, because God knows they will take their time to release the video to steer public perception.

In closing I dont hate you, or what you do..I loath the aspect that you can't see I appreciate your sacrifice.
You been shootin' that fancy muzzleloader lately? Just over two months until season opens.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You been shootin' that fancy muzzleloader lately? Just over two months until season opens.
I dont have one...I tried it with my fathers 50 cal with the pellets and percussion cap.

I can't do it bruh...lol. added that my wife refused to eat woodland creatures. Primarily what we do is take new shooters or liberals we know that hate guns to the range and explain to them what a gun is.

Or kids my son makes friends with during the school year. I made sure to get tacticool stuff like a vector pistol, cz scorpion, and blah blah.

It's just about community with us is all really. We moved to Del City in April and are still getting to know people.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have one...I tried it with my fathers 50 cal with the pellets and percussion cap.

I can't do it bruh...lol. added that my wife refused to eat woodland creatures. Primarily what we do is take new shooters or liberals we know that hate guns to the range and explain to them what a gun is.

Or kids my son makes friends with during the school year. I made sure to get tacticool stuff like a vector pistol, cz scorpion, and blah blah.

It's just about community with us is all really. We moved to Del City in April and are still getting to know people.

I figured you lived closer to Pink.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I figured you lived closer to Pink.
Lol never again will I live that far from the city. Used to live in this tiny village in PA that was Amish country....I mean remote!

It had its charm dont get me wrong...absolutely beautiful country that I miss to this day, but just having to plan the entire day around something as simple as shopping for food?

We were over an hour from a local town that you could find on a map. Added that country folk of 2022 ain't the same as 1990s country folks.

When we left was when the pill epidemic came along, and them percacet possums roaming around are just dangerous.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most dream of a return Mayberry, because of the semi-utopian feed. Barney was far from exemplary, but still liked.

Being almost 66, "Boomers" were around, if not engulfed in the counter culture. Those same Boomers had off spring. That counter culture and hatred of "The Man", the administration and any authority has given rise to what we have today.

George Floyd, DS and that ilk become martyrs and posters children, when they got exactly what they deserved. Don't run, don't flee, don't attack, don't fight and LIVE to see another day. You point a gun (even a fake one), expect to be met with force.

Good cops exist, bad cops exist, though they are few. Jack booted thugs exist, these are the majority of the problem.

I know and have known many GOOD.
Never encountered a bad, but the azzhat that took my M60 out of the evidence locker, I have the s/n and will not relent.
The 3 JBT I have dealt with. 2 were fired, by my non relenting pursuit. The 3rd left the County for other parts. Good riddance. I have nothing but contempt for all 3.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to add that the passive aggressive ending is just distasteful and pretty adolescent to say the least.

I wasn't trying to sound distasteful nor adolescent. But, I do love you man. I love everybody. The Lord has told us to love everyone. Ask any member here, I don't ever get into arguments or heated debates. I'm a firm believer in the "agree to disagree" rule, and still remain friends.

There was a member here many years ago, who thought he was the cat's ass. He knew everything about everything and everyone else was wrong. He was a fellow LEO and he and I had more than one disagreement, but we always shook hands and parted friends.

Life is way too short for arguments or racism or judgments or just plain ol ugliness towards each other. The world is a much better place if we are ALL humble and kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom