Every cop's nightmare...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhb33rd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say 75% of firearm training I've received, I paid for out of my own pocket. I knew my agency wouldn't pay for it and I wasn't gonna just be satisfied with what CLEET "taught" me, which was basically firearm nomenclature, presentation, grip, stance, breath control and marksmanship, which incidentally goes out the window during an armed encounter. So I started attending Paul Abel's (RIP) range and learned how to fight, not shoot.
CLEET in the 80's.... You are on MY RANGE shooting MY BULLETS.....YOU will SHOOT MY BULLETS on MY RANGE when I TELL you to SHOOT MY BULLETS ON MY RANGE.............. SHOOTERS ON THE LINE........(Wheel Gun) LOAD 1.... FIRE 1.... LOAD 6... FIRE 6....SHOOTERS READY.........FIRE........in the 90's Transition (Semi)........SLAP RACK BANG......SLAP RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK BANG....SLAP RACK BANG......SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG......SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK- STRIP INSERT- RACK BANG.....OK.... YOUR HAND AND FINGERS ARE BLEEDING......YOU PASSED!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CLEET in the 80's.... You are on MY RANGE shooting MY BULLETS.....YOU will SHOOT MY BULLETS on MY RANGE when I TELL you to SHOOT MY BULLETS ON MY RANGE.............. SHOOTERS ON THE LINE........(Wheel Gun) LOAD 1.... FIRE 1.... LOAD 6... FIRE 6....SHOOTERS READY.........FIRE........in the 90's Transition (Semi)........SLAP RACK BANG......SLAP RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK BANG....SLAP RACK BANG......SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG......SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK- STRIP- INSERT RACK BANG.....SLAP RACK- STRIP INSERT- RACK BANG.....OK.... YOUR HAND AND FINGERS ARE BLEEDING......YOU PASSED!

True story.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first got in I qualified with a wheel gun, but it wasn't with CLEET. Mine was TCLEOSE. I still remember all the wise cracks I'd hear from the young bucks years later when they saw my ID number. Bunch of smart asses lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a question, not a statement... why was the cop who got shot out in the open like that? Seems like he would have approached more cautiously, or drawn from behind cover (car?) since they expected him to have a gun?
It's called several things, all of them deadly mistakes.

8. Tombstone Courage – Don’t rush in if you don’t need to. Take your time and wait for backup. Sometimes you have to go in alone. Most of the time you don’t, so wait for your partner!

He was just mad because that Sumbich was Effin around on my road, MY ROAD! Then he tried to get away! ON ME! Ohhhh no. You get acute onset lead poisoning MFer!.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, damn sad too isn't it.

Part of the problem, at least when it comes to quals and training, is agency budgets. Most departments can barely afford to send their officers to the yearly state required classes let alone anything extra, like say ammo so they can get out on the range.
Shoot don't shoot training was both an eye opener and a luxury and damned necessary training. If nothing else was done about firearms other than qualification, it would be that.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loading from belt loops probably using the Dan Combs straight drop holster with hammer loop for "retention" like mine.

No, they actually let us, even encouraged us to use speedloaders. And for the most part, thumb break holsters were the most common amongst everyone.

I did see a few "Widowmaker" bucket holsters with thong retention like you mentioned, and one guy even had an old Barney Fife swivel holster. Good times!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This is a question, not a statement... why was the cop who got shot out in the open like that? Seems like he would have approached more cautiously, or drawn from behind cover (car?) since they expected him to have a gun?
Adrenaline!! He was definitely in full fight mode. To bad him or another officer like him were not the first on the scene at Uvalde.

Latest posts

Top Bottom