Every cop's nightmare...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhb33rd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loading from belt loops probably using the Dan Combs straight drop holster with hammer loop for "retention" like mine.
The ole Patent Leather Bucket with a Leather Thong. Practice loading 2 rounds at a time from the loops, while remembering the Smith turns counter clockwise and placing the rounds where you need them.. Oh and don't forget the dry fire..... with a dime on the barrel.......

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ole Patent Leather Bucket with a Leather Thong. Practice loading 2 rounds at a time from the loops, while remembering the Smith turns counter clockwise and placing the rounds where you need them.. Oh and don't forget the dry fire..... with a dime on the barrel.......
Many many times with the dime!!!!!

KLETC instructor told me I was faster from belt loops than the semi auto guys!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I wouldn't be a Cop now a days for it. I got out of Law enforcement in 1998 after 14 years, when there was still a little bit of respect, no video camera's and 2 pound Streamlights. Transitioned from Wheel Guns and Loops to the Semi Autos and Mag Pouches. From the Patent Leather Sam Browns to Webbing. We were taught Pain Compliance and do what ever it takes to go home after your shift, and we did.

Today....... people don't have any respect for themselves, much less anyone else, especially the Police. It seams like all they want is that 60 seconds of fame and don't care about the consequences....... Death or Jail, whatever.........Look Mom...... I'm on Youtube and I got 1,000,000 views.

To all of the Police Officers working out there today, you have my greatest respect. Now it seams every Cop has to be prepared for a war zone every time he steps out on the street..... I don't care if your a Small Town Cop, a County Deputy, a Big City Cop or a State Trooper, it seams like you can never relax while on duty or off. Nothing like the old days when it was fun and your dept was family.

What a sad thing this world has come to.....

You and I hung it up about the same time. I retired in 2001. The only thing I miss is the camaraderie and being part of something bigger than me.

I worked for the largest sheriff's office (800-ish deputies) in Colorado for a while and a mid-sized (75 officers) metro Denver department. It was SO much different back then.

I laugh to myself every time I read from someone on this forum or others who thinks good cops protect bad cops. In my experience I never saw that...not even once. The worst enemy of the bad cops was ALWAYS the good cops they worked with. Always. That's not to say there weren't slackers...there were. But bad cops? Nope. They were fired without hesitation as soon as whatever they did was discovered. No one EVER protected bad cops on the streets. And they rarely went out of their way to help the slackers. I've decided most of the vocal cop haters are pretty much just full of s**t. But it's their right.

I still mourn the day the LT1 Caprice patrol cars were discontinued. Dark day for LE... :)

My first duty gun was a GP-100 and when we transitioned to semi-autos I started with a S&W 645. We still wore brown leather when I started, too.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was fortunate with gun training. I got to shoot more than most at the SO because I was an instructor.

I got to shoot more than most at the PD because I was an instructor and on SWAT. Every Wed was a shoot day for me and our department apparently had a BIG ammo budget. About once every 2 or 3 months the big semi would pull up at the range with many pallets of fresh-out-of-the-oven Federal American Eagle ammo.

The PD also sent me to 3 Thunder Ranch courses and a few others...a Farnum course and another I don't recall...but it was with the Air Force. Lots of good gun training there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom