Every Little Boys Dream (In the '50s - '60s anyway)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
1963-72-chevy-c10-long-bed-to-short-1.jpg
This type truck is what got me working evenings weekends and summers!! this one is just a pic off the net but that cab color is about the color of the one I bought. 3 on the tree , under dash A/C that was an ice breathing dragon!! Buddy helped me change out the axle gears and we built a 350 that would flat scoot! Was stationed at Ft Bragg and received orders to go to Geissan Germany and everyone told me I should sell it cause I would not be able to get parts for it over there!! Sold it to a good guy that still has it in South Carolina.

Huge regret LOL !!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dream in the 60's....I mean cars were great but this.....

Wow. You forget how good looking she was (and is). Add to that, it was all her. She would beat out any chick that's considered top shelf today. Eliminate all the models/actresses today with cosmetic surgery, she has no equal

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the old military Jeeps? The military deemed them unsafe because the rear wheels would "tuck" and they Jeep would roll over. The military in their wisdom took care of the safety issue, they cut all the Jeeps in half and scrapped them. Then they spent millions of dollars on Humvees.... then they gave many away in the Mideast to Iraqis which then ended up in the hands of ISIS. Why couldn't they just tell the troops to drive safely? Or just give the Jeeps to ISIS?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the old military Jeeps? The military deemed them unsafe because the rear wheels would "tuck" and they Jeep would roll over. The military in their wisdom took care of the safety issue, they cut all the Jeeps in half and scrapped them. Then they spent millions of dollars on Humvees.... then they gave many away in the Mideast to Iraqis which then ended up in the hands of ISIS. Why couldn't they just tell the troops to drive safely? Or just give the Jeeps to ISIS?

Those were M151 MUTTS not jeeps. Jeeps had solid axles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom