Everyone's idea on the ruger precision 6.5 cr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing this rifle for a little while and can pick one up for around $1400 +tax. Anyone have experience with this or would I be better off spending that money on a different rifle. This will mainly be a range gun and maybe see a few hunts per season where it won't have to be carried to far. I am not against other peoples opinions or insights of the pros and con of this rifle or other rifles they feel may be better. It just seems like it is a pretty good "bang for the buck" for someone just getting into long range shooting. If you have any experience good or bad with these rifles or recommendations for other rifle to look at let me know.

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be a awesome range gun, and agree a nice hunting rifle if you don't have to carry it far. I've seen them in the $1100 range (I think at Henry's a few months back), they are a little heavy for field use, but other than that they seem to be very accurate.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing this rifle for a little while and can pick one up for around $1400 +tax. Anyone have experience with this or would I be better off spending that money on a different rifle. This will mainly be a range gun and maybe see a few hunts per season where it won't have to be carried to far. I am not against other peoples opinions or insights of the pros and con of this rifle or other rifles they feel may be better. It just seems like it is a pretty good "bang for the buck" for someone just getting into long range shooting. If you have any experience good or bad with these rifles or recommendations for other rifle to look at let me know.

Come see me today at the Guthrie Show as I have one in stock! And I can beat that price for sure The 6.5 is the hard one to find!!

Dans Guns & Acc

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I think it is one of the best rifles that Ruger has manufactured in a long time. Ruger has always been an innovator, and creating a long-range banger that was specifically designed to help shooters get into long-range shooting is genius, in my opinion. I think a lot of people are starting to see that the 6.5 Creedmoor is stepping up to replace the .308. Ballistically, the 6.5 Creed is just a superior cartridge over the .308. Don't get me wrong...I love the .308 round...but if I had the money, it would definitely go towards an RPR in 6.5 Creedmor. I think you won't regret a single penny spent if you get one, honestly.

The only downside I can think of right now is that the cost of 6.5 Creed ammo is a bit high, but I suspect that will change in the foreseeable future. If you reload, then it probably won't be much of an issue.

And I've seen them cheaper than $1,400. Be sure to shop around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom