This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well when the ban on bump stocks started a certain unnamed entity fought a little then basically said well its not that big of a deal. I guess they were wrong and now it is opening the door to a plethora of illegal gun laws. DJT had no right ot arbitrarily decide that these were illegal in the first place and the ATF had absolutely no right to alter a determined understanding on them from decades of regulation to mean something different. An amendment to the 1934 NFA would have been required for that. So there are OTHER grave issues in this bump stock ban besides the immediate threat and ow the brace threat. Don't worry it will eventually reach the point that AR's are all illegal because they are "assault" weapons. So I have asked a thousand leftists what is an assault weapon. The answers varied from I don't know to a military grade weapon. Well we CAN'T buy military grade weapons, so what is an assault weapon? A hammer can be a n assault weapon, a knife can be an assault weapon.

What makes anything a so-called assault weapon(in the vernacular) is not what it is, but how it is used. Drive a nail with a hammer, and the instrument is a hammer. Bash someone's skull with a hammer and that one hammer has been used as an assault weapon(in the vernacular). In the law, it isn't much different as far as the actual use of the device is concerned except the term 'assault' only extends to a threat or an attempt to cause physical harm. Beyond the threat is battery which includes killing, assassination, butcher, dispatch, destroy, massacre, murder, slaughter, and slay. Ergo, no particular class of device can be labeled an assault class. Even in the vernacular, only the actual individual device used to kill, assassinate, butcher, dispatch, destroy, massacre, murder, slaughter, and slay can be properly described as an assault weapon. It's not what it is but how it is used.

Makes me wonder why they don't misname those devices as "battery weapons" instead of misnaming them "assault weapons" ... Ah, but that would require knowing the difference between assault and battery; or not trying to promote an agenda.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom