Everytown’s Claimed 200+ School Shootings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Audit of Everytown’s Claimed 200+ School Shootings Since Sandy Hook
Yesterday, Hayley Miller, a reporter for the Huffington Post, uncritically regurgitated an Everytown claim that there have been 200 school shootings since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School that claimed 26 innocent lives.

There have been over 200 school shooting incidents ― an average of nearly one a week ― since the horrifying morning when 20-year-old Adam Lanza marched into Sandy Hook Elementary School and did the unthinkable.

Four years ago today, Lanza shot and killed his mother in her home in Newtown, Connecticut, before making his way to the school and opening fire, leaving 20 children and six staff members dead.

According to data from Everytown for Gun Safety, which tracks gun violence and other shootings on school grounds, there have been at least 94 gun-related deaths and more than 156 people injured as a result of more than 200 school shooting incidents since Sandy Hook.​

Everytown’s claim is stunning… and not remotely credible.

Based on past debunkings of Everytown’s faked school shooting report, we decided that it was time to take a hard look at the claimed school shootings, most of which Everytown lists here (PDF) hoping that no one looks too close at the data.

Let’s take a look at those claimed events, shall we?

As gun control groups are always using the term “commonsense,” we’ll use the following definition of school shooting: a school shooting is an on-campus attack with firearms against the faculty, staff, or students that occurs on a school campus during school hours or during school functions. We’ll also include attacks on college students in and near their on-campus dorms.

Unlike Everytown, we’ll make sure to link to all of these events, so you can do further research on your own.

Here we go.
Conclusion:
If I have not miscounted along the way (and it is possible that I may have done just that by one or two or three), Everytown has claimed a grand total of 203 school shootings since Sandy Hook.

Of those, 75 seem to meet a generous definition of that term, which includes on campus student housing (the “dorm rule”), even well after hours and on weekends and even when students aren’t involved).

Of those 203 “school shootings,” only 44 meet the common perception of a school shooting, where someone came to a school campus to shoot faculty, staff, or students.

Everytown and Moms Demand Action, both projects funded by radical anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg, have long had a reputation for dishonest propaganda.

This is the first attempt we know of to audit all 203 school shootings claimed by Bloomberg’s minions, and we find them to be… lacking.

Unlike Everytown, I’ve provided a link to news stories for each and every one of these alleged school shootings, so you can tailor your own definitions, and draw your own conclusions.

Unlike Everytown, I’m willing to put my cards on the table, and enjoy a spirited and honest debate.
Interesting read, including observations about CC permit holders who were present and may have been able to make a difference if they hadn't been disarmed due to "gun free" policies.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0062.JPG

The white feminist editorial staff of the huffington post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom