Executions, old school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also a proponent of the death penalty, but only if used as a deterrent. Should be done in a public forum, shown on tv, and set up for the maximum number of people to attend and watch. I would also consider making it mandatory to be shown in high schools, and for high school student attendance if the execution is within the same city or town.
As for sitting on death row, the appeal process should be limited to one year. With both State and any Federal constitutional issues being decided at the same time, with opinions from both courts being decided and published within that one year period. I would also do away with any immuniites for police, prosecutors and judges.

One year, huh?

https://innocenceproject.org/cases/ron-williamson/

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I 100% agree that some folks need killing. But I have changed 180 degrees in my stance on capitol punishment. I do not trust the state to prosecute and execute anyone fairly or effectively. Yes, there are loads of instances where some POS ought to die. I just don't like the state having that authority.

Yep, I'm in the same boat on death penalty. There's too many examples of 'mistakes' out there. Now, prison would look different in my kingdom. Inmates would be working their a$$ off, not watching cable. It would not be pleasant, but it would be reversible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom