Executive Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
To clarify, I'm not liking what Dementia Joe is doing (other than the student debt freeze), I'm appreciating the summary because I had no interest what-so-ever in watching that laughable flex of new power.

Why do you like the student debt freeze? I can understand those who lost their jobs having it frozen until they get another but not those who have lost nothing due to the pandemic. They signed a loan agreement and should be paying it back as agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And I just said they very much mattered under Trump. They were just a net positive rather than a negative.

It’s just like the media hated Trump and adore Biden. It only matters to those who like what’s going on at the time. Executive orders have always truly mattered. Trump used them to put positive things for America in place. Biden or I should say, his handlers are trying to undo all of that. Biden can’t even tell us what they are unless reading from a giant screen.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I have a point. Rush Limbaugh said a couple years ago that nobody cares about deficits anymore when Trump sent the deficit through the roof. People cared about executive orders till Trump fired them out at a greater rate than his predecessors. Now that Trump is gone the natural order of the universe is restored. Conservatives care about that sort of thing again. And don't get me wrong. Hypocrisy is cool. Hypocrisy, for lack of a better word, works. Hypocrisy makes the world go 'round. I don't have a point, I'm just making an observation.

I suggest you take off your glasses with the turkey-turd-tan lenses and look again. Don't even think about dawning your shitebrindle -brown ones! :lmfao:

Woody

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you like the student debt freeze? I can understand those who lost their jobs having it frozen until they get another but not those who have lost nothing due to the pandemic. They signed a loan agreement and should be paying it back as agreed.

Last I checked, signing a loan agreement does not include planning for possible pandemics. I'm talking about the benefit of CURRENT students, not people who already graduated and went on to their jobs. I'm looking at the students who are having issues because their classes went online and there's already articles showing that a good chunk of students are suffering academically because of it. If they fail, they have to retake the class. Which means more debt for them. Why? Because they have trouble learning everything online, they have crappy internet at home, they don't have a PC/internet, etc, etc. Sure, I heard one college left their WiFi on so students without internet could go do their work in the parking lot, but what if they don't have a laptop? I suppose they have to go read entire lectures and take exams on their phones? Assuming they have a smart phone. There's reasons people want classes that're on campus only. Why should they get punished for something out of their control?

I never said it should be erased, but what's the harm in freezing it for a short period of time? Does it raise your taxes? Deduct from your wages? A year (or whatever total) break for a world-wide pandemic isn't hurting anyone.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest you take off your glasses with the turkey-turd-tan lenses and look again. Don't even think about dawning your shitebrindle -brown ones! :lmfao:

Woody

I’m not exactly sure he understands the difference between deficit and debt. Either that or whether he understands what “skyrocket” means. LOL

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I checked, signing a loan agreement does not include planning for possible pandemics. I'm talking about the benefit of CURRENT students, not people who already graduated and went on to their jobs. I'm looking at the students who are having issues because their classes went online and there's already articles showing that a good chunk of students are suffering academically because of it. If they fail, they have to retake the class. Which means more debt for them. Why? Because they have trouble learning everything online, they have crappy internet at home, they don't have a PC/internet, etc, etc. There's reasons people want only classes that are on campus. Why should they get punished for something out of their control?

I never said it should be erased, but what's the harm in freezing it for a short period of time? Does it raise your taxes? Deduct from your wages? A year (or whatever total) break for a world-wide pandemic isn't hurting anyone.
The issue I have with it is how that burden is divvied up. The real beneficiary here is the colleges, not the students. Yes the students get temporary relief but it’s business as usual for the colleges. I believe they should shoulder more of the burden.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue I have with it is how that burden is divvied up. The real beneficiary here is the colleges, not the students. Yes the students get temporary relief but it’s business as usual for the colleges. I believe they should shoulder more of the burden.
Oh, I whole-heartedly feel there needs to be more help for current students. Especially when I see multiple articles of students having trouble for one reason or another since this started. Colleges make more than enough money to cut back and help the students out. I won't give out specifics, but I know of one professor in a certain class at a local college who flat out told their students how much money colleges make and get to pocket because they make soooooo much off the students. They, of course, asked to not tell anyone they said it so they didn't get reprimanded for sharing the info...this did get a laugh from the entire class!

Latest posts

Top Bottom