Expanded Background Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It won't happen like that. It will be "assault weapons"... then it will be "Saturday night specials"... then it will be "sniper rifles"... then rinse and repeat until they're all gone. It's intentionally a gradual process, because when step 1 doesn't work, that opens the door to step 2. That's why when anti-gun legislation is passed, you ALWAYS hear, "this won't solve the problem, but it's a step in the right direction."
Exactly!!!

I read several gun forums daily and it always amazes me how many gun people are willing to give up their rights little by little for what they consider "reasonable" limits on gun ownership and possession.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I agree that THIS episode will not result in total confiscation. Nor will any single specific event. But they will keep trying to chew away a little at a time. The average person who believes in "reasonable measures" may not even realize the ultimate goal, but the leaders do and they know they can't just ban all guns overnight. A couple of decades ago it was handguns, they eventually gave up on that and turned to "assault weapons". Well, they didn't give up... they are using whatever they can take advantage of to get public support.

It ebbs and flows. We've made some ground back in the last few years, but have to remain diligent, because they will try to succeed a little at a time.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People might as well face it. This is gonna become law. An AWB will become law. Red flag laws will become law. Then the shootings will continue and they will say UBC can only work with registration. I’ve said it a million times that we are going to be disarmed eventually. Sooner than later too. And the reason why is because we are allowing it. Too many folks keep saying it will never happen. That is the wrong attitude to have. That’s what the government wants. They don’t have to go door to door to do it. They’ll
Create so many restrictions we will effectively be disarmed. This WILL happen. Voting won’t stop it. Our reps and senators don’t give a rats rear what we think. Lankford isn’t pro gun. If you ask him if he supports the 2A he will ramble on about hunting and sport shooting. But he will NOT say he supports the 2A for why it was created.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People might as well face it. This is gonna become law. An AWB will become law. Red flag laws will become law. Then the shootings will continue and they will say UBC can only work with registration. I’ve said it a million times that we are going to be disarmed eventually. Sooner than later too. And the reason why is because we are allowing it. Too many folks keep saying it will never happen. That is the wrong attitude to have. That’s what the government wants. They don’t have to go door to door to do it. They’ll
Create so many restrictions we will effectively be disarmed. This WILL happen. Voting won’t stop it. Our reps and senators don’t give a rats rear what we think. Lankford isn’t pro gun. If you ask him if he supports the 2A he will ramble on about hunting and sport shooting. But he will NOT say he supports the 2A for why it was created.

Okay, what actions do you suggest right now?

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a video I saw on You-Tube that talked about the use of the selfish ledger to affect the redirection of our society's thought on guns from a useful tool and legitimate right to a destructive evil. They went into how they will do this using the tactics that Google developed for their OWN use. Further the video made a very strong case of why Red Flag laws are nothing more than the disarmament of the United States populace, WE The People, one person at a time. Think for a minute about a frog in a pot of water. The water starts out cold and the frog sits there perfectly content to be in that pot. Then the heat on the stove gets turned on and the pot slowly heats up. That frog sits there until it is dead. This happened because the process was so slow and occult that the frog had no idea it was in danger. This is exactly what the Red Flag laws are and if DJT continues to push these I will NEVER vote for him. My rights are more important to me than any human being and I was born a free man and I will die a free man. Hopefully by natural causes but if not then so be it. The destruction of one right will lead to the destruction of all our rights. The government has no right to take my rights from me. They did not give them to me, GOD did, they are clearly restricted by the very documents that they claim their power to govern from. If this government insists on compromising my rights and violating the very documents that they govern under, then I will rescind from them my consent to be governed, per our Declaration of Independence.

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
"

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You people can continue to call, email, and vote all you want and nothing is going to change. The government will continue to legislate our God given rights away. And as for the comment that most don’t want to destroy our country because they want more money. If our country is destroyed guess what? They are still in power. They will continue to live like kings while us peasants starve and suffer. As long as they are in charge and have power they don’t give a rats rear what happens to us. If these people really cared about our nation they would uphold their oath. They would prove how much they care by their actions. As it is, we get a bunch of empty rhetoric like always. The republicans could have easily fixed the border crisis but they didn’t. Because they are part of the problem. I am so sick of hearing people say it’s the democrats this, democrats that. They are all in the same boat. Sure some are worse than others but in the end that doesn’t matter much. We will continue to sit on here talking about calling our reps and emailing and the like and in the meantime our leaders will be working hard to strip away more of our freedoms. I guarantee Lankford aka skeletor will happily vote for more gun control. So will Inhoffe.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people can continue to call, email, and vote all you want and nothing is going to change. The government will continue to legislate our God given rights away. And as for the comment that most don’t want to destroy our country because they want more money. If our country is destroyed guess what? They are still in power. They will continue to live like kings while us peasants starve and suffer. As long as they are in charge and have power they don’t give a rats rear what happens to us. If these people really cared about our nation they would uphold their oath. They would prove how much they care by their actions. As it is, we get a bunch of empty rhetoric like always. The republicans could have easily fixed the border crisis but they didn’t. Because they are part of the problem. I am so sick of hearing people say it’s the democrats this, democrats that. They are all in the same boat. Sure some are worse than others but in the end that doesn’t matter much. We will continue to sit on here talking about calling our reps and emailing and the like and in the meantime our leaders will be working hard to strip away more of our freedoms. I guarantee Lankford aka skeletor will happily vote for more gun control. So will Inhoffe.
Some of us are still interested in this:
Okay, what actions do you suggest right now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom