Expired CCW question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a crazy busy Q2 in which my CCW expired. I know there is a 90 day grace period and I electronically submitted the application to renew it a few weeks back. Right now I have about 40 days left of the grace period. It's my understanding that I can still carry in that grace period, i have a PDF copy of the application for renewal on my phone, FWIW. My question is how long is the typical turn-around for them to issue a renewal? I am traveling out of state in a couple weeks and do not want to have to deal with the ******** in the unlikely event the situation arises (get pulled over, etc).

Thanks in advance.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine took about 6 weeks earlier this year, but I am an instructor so I don't know about other renewals. I have had a few students apply for their first license recently and got them in less than a month, the latest one only a few weeks ago.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1290.5 TERM OF LICENSE AND RENEWAL
A. A handgun license when issued shall authorize the person to whom the license is issued to carry a loaded or unloaded handgun, concealed or unconcealed, as authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, and any future modifications thereto. The license shall be valid in this state for a period of five (5) or ten (10) years, unless subsequently surrendered, suspended or revoked as provided by law. The person shall have no authority to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun in this state pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when a license is expired or when a license has been voluntarily surrendered or suspended or revoked for any reason. B. A license may be renewed any time within ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date as provided in this subsection. The Bureau shall send a renewal application to each eligible licensee with a return address 2 requested. There shall be a ninety-day grace period on license renewals beginning on the date of expiration, thereafter the license is considered expired. However, any applicant shall have three (3) years from the expiration of the license to comply with the renewal requirements of this section

You are correct

Latest posts

Top Bottom