Extended Auto Warranties: Group Buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got back from a trip to the car wash yesterday.
Wife asked me why I didn’t answer the four calls she made to me while gone.
Her phone rang once, then a voice came on saying I was busy and couldn’t answer the phone.
Looked in the recent call list with no record of her calling.
Looked at notifications and saw 4 calls that were labeled spam.
How her calls were deemed spam is unknown. Went to the AT&T app, unblocked her but still couldn’t get a call.
After rebooting my phone, all was good.
Thats weird, never heard of that one happening. Now, how do I get my wife labeled as SPAM????? :blush:

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have a tendency to answer an unknown number with, "this is Terry" instead of answering with a "hello." Some automated systems trigger off of the "hello" and begin their spiel then. If an actual human calls, they usually know us anyway.

Otherwise, most calls go unanswered, especially so if it includes the same first three digits of our phone number.
I prefer to answer and hit mute. The computer thinks it is a problem with the line and hangs up. A person calling will start asking if you can hear them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep thinking about joining https://jollyrogertelephone.com/ , but I haven't yet. I've also been seeing ads for the RoboKiller app that does something similar (basically, they both get a bot to engage the scam caller, wasting their time).

While I had a landline, I intentionally set up the outgoing message on my answering machine to make robocallers think a person was answering. I got more than one "@**hole!" on the machine from when a person picked up the line thinking he had a live one. Heck, the only reason I kept it at all was because my family has had that number since the early '70s and some distant relations only had that number for my folks, plus it was in the church phone directory, so I'd get messages for my folks from people who didn't remember their cell phone numbers.

Now that I've converted it to a cellphone,the voicemail greeting just plays them a few lines from Jimmy Buffett's This Hotel Room.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep thinking about joining https://jollyrogertelephone.com/ , but I haven't yet. I've also been seeing ads for the RoboKiller app that does something similar (basically, they both get a bot to engage the scam caller, wasting their time).

While I had a landline, I intentionally set up the outgoing message on my answering machine to make robocallers think a person was answering. I got more than one "@**hole!" on the machine from when a person picked up the line thinking he had a live one. Heck, the only reason I kept it at all was because my family has had that number since the early '70s and some distant relations only had that number for my folks, plus it was in the church phone directory, so I'd get messages for my folks from people who didn't remember their cell phone numbers.

Now that I've converted it to a cellphone,the voicemail greeting just plays them a few lines from Jimmy Buffett's This Hotel Room.
Back in the day when we had a land line and a answering machine, the message on the answering machine was HELLO! (Spammer starts talking.)
(5 second pause)
HELLO! HELLO!
Since you don’t want to talk to me, leave a message and I’ll call you back.
You wouldn’t believe how many cussings I got. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom