Extending [drug] Shelf Life Just Makes Sense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s a commentary from the Mayo Clinic on the shelf life (and expiration dates) of medications. It seems that the expiration dates on your drugs are only the dates to which the manufacturer guarantees full potency, but they’re only, by law, required to guarantee it for three years for approval by the FDA, so none of them bother to test for longer durations. While some drugs do break down soon after the “best by” date (aspirin being a notable example), a study found that some were still useful some 20 years after their marked expiration date.

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(15)00667-9/fulltext

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I am a pill hoarder. 😬😁 I can't remember the last time I tossed any meds in the trash. Even the ones that didn't work for me for whatever reason. I "might" need them sometime in the future ... For something ... Who knows ...🤷
no doubt a big part of the "turn in your pills" scheme is literally a racket to just resell them.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no doubt a big part of the "turn in your pills" scheme is literally a racket to just resell them.

I dunno about reselling them but there was a big bruhaha several years ago at Bethany PD. Apparently Jack Jencks was helping himself to certain meds that were locked up in evidence ... Pretty sure he was not sharing the wealth, so to speak ...

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
biggest druggies i've ever known were pill poppers. i've had people tell me "this isn't harmful; it came from a doctor. you can take as much as you want; it's not going to hurt you." these were people taking xanax's and forgetting entire days.

i.....don't know how these people function.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno about reselling them but there was a big bruhaha several years ago at Bethany PD. Apparently Jack Jencks was helping himself to certain meds that were locked up in evidence ... Pretty sure he was not sharing the wealth, so to speak ...
" . . . meds that were locked up in evidence".

Well, that problem has been solved with the 'used prescription (drug)/amnesty' drop-off boxes now located in many of the Law Enforcement department buildings, being that those drugs are not considered as being 'evidence' 🙁

Latest posts

Top Bottom