Extra census polling interview legit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today while I'm working I get a voicemail that was very staticy and breaking up, but they were asking for the resident or owner of my address call them back. They then called my wife and asked if she was able to do additional polling via a phone interview. My wife being caught off guard told her she was busy, but scheduled a phone time for 10 am tomorrow. The interviewer then texted my wife the following picture.

IMG_20200908_202419_01.jpg

My question is is this a legit thing, or an elaborate phishing scheme? They had our phone numbers and address, but not our names. They are inquiring about our mortgage, education, ISP, and more. And if we don't feel comfortable with answering additional questions do we have to since they claim it is required by law, or can we decline the reques?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today while I'm working I get a voicemail that was very staticy and breaking up, but they were asking for the resident or owner of my address call them back. They then called my wife and asked if she was able to do additional polling via a phone interview. My wife being caught off guard told her she was busy, but scheduled a phone time for 10 am tomorrow. The interviewer then texted my wife the following picture.

View attachment 173919

My question is is this a legit thing, or an elaborate phishing scheme? They had our phone numbers and address, but not our names. They are inquiring about our mortgage, education, ISP, and more. And if we don't feel comfortable with answering additional questions do we have to since they claim it is required by law, or can we decline the reques?
I would fill that person that questioned me so full of shat.
If that truely is the law, it's a BS law that needs to not be followed with zero purpose.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call them lying dog face pony solider .....

Just hang up on them, Fraudsters ....As soon as they want personal infor..."anything about money, value...Hang up.

...or ask them to call on the "private" line...then give them the number to the Sheriff.

If this was important they would send you cert. mail ...

Tell them Trump is handling everything....and hang up....

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My oldest sister is actually working for the Census Department right now going door to door out here in far eastern Oklahoma County, Lincoln and Pottawatomie County. Said she wanted out of the house a while. I told her she could come to my house and pull weeds if that would help. Can't tell ya what she said, it would ruin my manly image on here. Let's just say I'm still her little brother. I'll call her after while and see what she says and get back to y'all.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a message on my landline answering machine that started out saying it was from the Census. Dunno what else it said, as I erased it without listening to any more of it out of force of habit.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs

Check their website.

Am I required to fill out the ACS?

"Yes, your response to the American Community Survey is required by law (Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141, 193, and 221). Title 13, as changed by Title 18, imposes a penalty for not responding. As a randomly selected representative of your community, you are the voice of your neighbors and peers. To create an accurate picture of your community, it is critical that you respond."

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 3 different calls yesterday saying I was wanted in Texas for Social Security fraud.
If I would give them my information they would take care of it before they send the US marshal. Ha Ha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom