Extractor Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How else do you know the capabilities of your weapons?

Well if your goal is to test the capabilities of your weapon, that's one thing. But I'd hate to hear a bump in the night and that's when my gun decides it's too gummed up to shoot.

Also, if it's not kept well oiled, you could bring significant unnecessary wear on your weapon.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if your goal is to test the capabilities of your weapon, that's one thing. But I'd hate to hear a bump in the night and that's when my gun decides it's too gummed up to shoot.

Also, if it's not kept well oiled, you could bring significant unnecessary wear on your weapon.
Well, that rule doesn't go for all my weapons. But my point was, I think most people go a little nuts with the cleaning. Most quality weapons, (Beretta, Benelli, Glock, M&P pistols, AR's, etc), will go "forever" the way most people shoot them without ever cleaning.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that rule doesn't go for all my weapons. But my point was, I think most people go a little nuts with the cleaning. Most quality weapons, (Beretta, Benelli, Glock, M&P pistols, AR's, etc), will go "forever" the way most people shoot them without ever cleaning.

Yeah, you're probably right. I only clean then after shooting, really.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How else do you know the capabilities of your weapons?

Part of cleaning your weapon is inspecting parts for wear or damage. That seems a far better method than shooting till it breaks. Besides, you can stil shoot it till it breaks. Cleaning on a regular basis isn't going to make a real difference

Latest posts

Top Bottom