Face Mask, Now We Know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do know the difference. I’m just tired of hearing people say masks are ineffective when it’s actually much of the general public who doesn’t know wtf they are doing when wearing a mask.

An example - I watched a woman at Crest trying to open a plastic bag for her produce. She was having a problem getting the bag to open. Her solution was to pull down the mask and lick her fingers to aid in getting the bag open, and then pull the mask back up.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you read any of the article I posted?

I had missed your post but read it after you pointed it out. Thanks.

It was thought provoking and I found the abstract conclusion interesting:
“...overall there is a lack of substantial evidence to support claims that facemasks protect either patient or surgeon from infectious contamination. More rigorous contemporary research is needed to make a definitive comment on the effectiveness of surgical facemasks...”

In the meantime, however, I think I will go with the current medical profession practices.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had missed your post but read it after you pointed it out. Thanks.

It was thought provoking and I found the abstract conclusion interesting:
“...overall there is a lack of substantial evidence to support claims that facemasks protect either patient or surgeon from infectious contamination. More rigorous contemporary research is needed to make a definitive comment on the effectiveness of surgical facemasks...”

In the meantime, however, I think I will go with the current medical profession practices.

Yeah and how would that data ever be gathered? No patient would sign on the dotted line giving their surgeon and staff permission to go maskless to study mask effectiveness lol. I didn't know the history of surgical masks until reading a few articles this evening, most eluded to the fact that they're likely just worn out of habit, tradition, and patient ease.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:drunk2:

t0_gstatic_com_images_1761a5cc3a27f710ab645563d5de3cf4._.jpg

Ok you got me! This is my new mask!!
HaHaHa!!

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man there are some cry babies on this thread. Wear your mask if it makes you feel better but respect those who choose not too. Wear your seatbelt or don’t, follow the speed limit or don’t, eat healthy or don’t, it’s a free country. We all suffer the consequences of our actions. I thought the left was full of whiny b\tche$ but maybe we’re just as bad.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah and how would that data ever be gathered? No patient would sign on the dotted line giving their surgeon and staff permission to go maskless to study mask effectiveness lol. I didn't know the history of surgical masks until reading a few articles this evening, most eluded to the fact that they're likely just worn out of habit, tradition, and patient ease.

I’m guessing that laboratory tests and simulations could be setup, and additional data collected, without actual patient / doctor participants.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may not be but I do not think you would believe the number of post I have seen here and on social media claiming they are useless because they do not do this or that. They do what they were designed to do even if you touch them, adjust them, or touch a door handle. None of those prevent them from catching droplets when you cough.

Sadly many people are just looking for any excuse not to wear one. Man up. If you do not want to wear one because you do not care if you spread germs, admit it. Or better yet, just stop whining about the places that make you wear a mask and do what you want.

The issue with masks is that they are designed to filter germs and bacteria. Just like all the “sanitizers on store shelves. None say kills viruses, only kills germs and bacteria.
Why do they not say kills viruses?
Droplets that contain viruses which are exponentially smaller pass right through.
Even if they were blocked which they aren’t, people constantly adjusting them on the outside surface and then touching everything around them including their face are the super spreaders.
I’ve watched fauchi and the scarf queen do it many times.
The idiot in the White House and his leaders do the same.
People that take every precaution possible still get it.
Someone is going to have to produce some information that has concrete evidence.
Speculation and moving goal posts isn’t getting it anymore with Freedom loving Americans growing weary of the BS.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man there are some cry babies on this thread. Wear your mask if it makes you feel better but respect those who choose not too. Wear your seatbelt or don’t, follow the speed limit or don’t, eat healthy or don’t, it’s a free country. We all suffer the consequences of our actions. I thought the left was full of whiny b\tche$ but maybe we’re just as bad.

I agree with the freedom of an individual until it infringes on another. The problem with your comment is that everything you mentioned affects only that one individual, except with regards of wearing a mask. An infectious person could infringe on others and make them ill or cause death. A mask may or may not prevent another from becoming sick or causing a death from a virus you carry, but it’s a small price to pay even if the mask is only marginally effective.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue with masks is that they are designed to filter germs and bacteria. Just like all the “sanitizers on store shelves. None say kills viruses, only kills germs and bacteria.
Why do they not say kills viruses?
Droplets that contain viruses which are exponentially smaller pass right through.
Even if they were blocked which they aren’t, people constantly adjusting them on the outside surface and then touching everything around them including their face are the super spreaders.
I’ve watched fauchi and the scarf queen do it many times.
The idiot in the White House and his leaders do the same.
People that take every precaution possible still get it.
Someone is going to have to produce some information that has concrete evidence.
Speculation and moving goal posts isn’t getting it anymore with Freedom loving Americans growing weary of the BS.

Dennis - We agree on most everything (I can’t think of any subject except this one where we disagree). The use of a mask is intended to contain spittle and aerosols from an infected individual; reducing the virus load passed into the surrounding air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom