Facebook bans 'voice of Trump' from platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/facebook-bans-voice-trump-platform-012514884.html

Regardless of views, this seems pretty terrifying to me. Partial paste from the linked story:

Facebook has removed a video of former US President Donald Trump from the page of his daughter-in-law Lara Trump.

The social media giant banned Mr Trump from its platform in January following riots by his supporters on the Capitol building in Washington.

Lara Trump, a new Fox News contributor, posted a video of herself interviewing Mr Trump on a range of issues.

She later posted a screenshot of an email she received from Facebook warning her of the ban.

"In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump's Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the account," an email from "Katelyn" read.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have friends and family there I can not talk to any other way without major hassles. And it is kind of fun to spread info Facebook and other liberals do not want people to know. I have my post set as public and post at least 6 times a day something the media tries to cover up, or that puts Bumbling Biden and cronies in a bad light.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like most things out there, FB serves a purpose, I guess. The idea though that anything with Trump's voice get pulled down seems straight out of 1984. The level of censorship would make any communist country proud.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How they have managed to avoid be classified as a publisher while also actively reviewing and removing posts astonishes me. As soon as any form of media begins controlling the narrative, they should be treated as a publisher in my eyes. It is the only way to keep everything on the up and up.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Face Book is a good way to keep up with the Kids and Grand-kids. Not somewhere to go for political information. We know they hate conservatives. They even have a bad habit of taking down the wife's range day pictures for some reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom