Facebook Knows Everything About You, And If You Don't Believe Us Here's Proof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A marketing stunt for the upcoming Ubisoft game "Watch Dogs" is inadvertently allowing users to check how well they've set up their Facebook privacy settings.

The campaign called "Digital Shadow", which currently is available only in the US, requests permission to access a user's account and then pulls information to build a comprehensive dossier of the user as if he or she were an assassin's target. And we do mean comprehensive.

Digital Shadow first shows users the photos they've tagged as public, then it moves on to examine their friends. It shows users which of their Facebook friends they interact with most, which interact with them the most, which they don't interact with at all, and (gulp) which friends they've been stalking that haven't been stalking them back. (Those who've been keeping tabs on their exes should avoid this section at all costs.)

Digital Shadow doesn't stop there. It breaks down when users are most active on Facebook and where in the world they're most likely to be found. It also provides a potential salary based on educational level and job title, as well as a breakdown of possible passwords that could be used to hack their accounts.

It even creates a sort of character profile based on their activity. (It labeled me as a potentially hostile enemy, and it called AdWeek writer Kristina Monllos one who possesses "a bleak outlook that could be manipulated for future gain.")

For complete article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ettings_n_5191237.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

hk33

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have my facebook page locked down and I never post. This program said "insufficient data" on almost every section and what it did try to guess at was totally wrong. At least for me it knows nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom