Facebook?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The day OSA sells my data and creates an "AI Avatar" of me for predictive sales, "brain training", and marketing purposes is the day I quit.

Until then, I'll trust them 100% more than Faceypages. But that's just me and I spent 12 years in upper level IT. You wouldn't believe the crap we do with your information.
Oh, I heard that my great aunt’s next door neighbor knows the parking attendant at Reagan Airport and told her that all the firearm and RV forums were controlled out of an office on the third floor of “The Center” at FT. Meade MD.

our Personal info goes out every time you buy gas at your local 7-11. Don’t worry, Be happy!

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I heard that my great aunt’s next door neighbor knows the parking attendant at Reagan Airport and told her that all the firearm and RV forums were controlled out of an office on the third floor of “The Center” at FT. Meade MD.

our Personal info goes out every time you buy gas at your local 7-11. Don’t worry, Be happy!
That's apples and oranges, but you're right about one thing. I'm going to bow out on this one, I'm too close to the fire.
Cheers!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The day OSA sells my data and creates an "AI Avatar" of me for predictive sales, "brain training", and marketing purposes is the day I quit.

Until then, I'll trust them 100% more than Faceypages. But that's just me and I spent 12 years in upper level IT. You wouldn't believe the crap we do with your information.

How do you know they don't? The selling data part. I guess I would expect forums to do this.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started FB when it first came out. But log on 1 time a month or less now. It seems that FB has 2 main groups. Women, that constantly either brag about where they been, what they have or post a ***** about something. The other group is lonely men. Either way I'll probably will delete account. Do many of you use FB?
You need better friends. I have mostly gun groups, military grroups, or friends I've known for 10-40 years.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the controls over who can see what, choices of who to "friend", unfollowing of posts by certain people, etc. Facebook really is what you make it for yourself. Just keep in mind, when a product is free to use, the user is likely the product and that is definitely the case with Facebook. That doesn't mean it is inherently evil but at a minimum you're seeing targeted ads based on your activity. I am not a fan of a lot of things Facebook does and I certainly think they overstep leaning drastically away from conservative viewpoints but it is kind of fun to get what I need out of them (advertising and marketing a business) without them knowing the real me at all.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my dogs has a facebook account.
If it is a female dog, tell her I want nothing to do with her! She is old and has cataracts. Other than that she ain't half bad.

Attachments

• gettyimages-93205734-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-93205734-612x612.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Top Bottom