Fair price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you are looking for xyz, should you post how much your willing to pay?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Tracy O

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an old horse trader from way back, and after decades of trial, and error, it seems to me, anything is always worth what someone else is willing to pay for it! Supply and demand!
I agree, I also think that quality firearms are like a good old aged whiskey that appreciates in value over time.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an old horse trader from way back, and after decades of trial, and error, it seems to me, anything is always worth what someone else is willing to pay for it! Supply and demand!
The way I look at it is simple, if I get something for a steal and decide to sell it later on, I try to price it so that it is also a good deal for someone else (below current market). I've made money on some guns and I've lost money too when I needed cash quick and didn't have time to sit on the gun for long. All in all I think it averages out to about even over time.

Edit: A good deal for someone on OSA....Armslist buyers pay current market and then some :blush:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I look at it is simple, if I get something for a steal and decide to sell it later on, I try to price it so that it is also a good deal for someone else (below current market). I've made money on some guns and I've lost money too when I needed cash quick and didn't have time to sit on the gun for long. All in all I think it averages out to about even over time.

Edit: A good deal for someone on OSA....Armslist buyers pay current market and then some :blush:
I've heard that called charging a PITA tax. LOL.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. My Dad bought a BAR in 308 with a 3x10 Leupold Gold Ring VariXIII for $600 in the 80s. He no longer elk hunted and wanted me to sell it for him,. He only wanted his money back. I told him I could sell it for $1000 and almost had to beat him to get him to take the money. 1st person that look at it bought it. I neevr told him that I had already sold the sights for $125. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom