Fair Warning..."News" Story is Satire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though I was pretty sure it was satire, just from a brief description, I couldn't get to reading the story because I was laughing so hard. And, I was right.

From the story, and what got me to laughing:

"A Starbucks in Manchester was evacuated today after a man called Alan Akbar ordered a Caramel Frappuccino."

Starbucks Evacuated After Customer Alan Akbar Orders a Coffee

Now, in all honesty, if you all don't see this as funny, you'll have to put me down as a raving lunatic. (I'm still giggling about this whole thing.)

Now, this from the "Newspaper's" "About Us" link:

"Daily news, satire and comment from the world’s worst local newspaper.

The Rochdale Herald is a satirical, spoof, parody commentary on current affairs, and stuff that annoys and amuses us. We make it up and it’s not intended, in any way whatsoever, to be considered factual.

If you read a story on The Rochdale Herald, please take a deep breath before going off the deep end as we probably made it up, apart from the horoscopes, they’re all completely legit (no they aren’t, we make those up too). We don’t spend much time checking facts or corroborating sources because, and we can’t stress this enough, we’re not actually journalists and are making most of it up. This is an entertainment site that may occasionally confuse some fact with fiction and vice-versa but ultimately we’re writing about the news to make you laugh. We also might talk about sex and swear a bit from time to time so if you’re under 18 please don’t read it."

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental, seriously.

If we’ve written about something that’s offended you, please accept our apologies. Unless you are just being a big sissy and have forgotten how the internet works.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I was pretty sure it was satire, just from a brief description, I couldn't get to reading the story because I was laughing so hard. And, I was right.

From the story, and what got me to laughing:

"A Starbucks in Manchester was evacuated today after a man called Alan Akbar ordered a Caramel Frappuccino."

Starbucks Evacuated After Customer Alan Akbar Orders a Coffee

Now, in all honesty, if you all don't see this as funny, you'll have to put me down as a raving lunatic. (I'm still giggling about this whole thing.)

Now, this from the "Newspaper's" "About Us" link:

"Daily news, satire and comment from the world’s worst local newspaper.

The Rochdale Herald is a satirical, spoof, parody commentary on current affairs, and stuff that annoys and amuses us. We make it up and it’s not intended, in any way whatsoever, to be considered factual.

If you read a story on The Rochdale Herald, please take a deep breath before going off the deep end as we probably made it up, apart from the horoscopes, they’re all completely legit (no they aren’t, we make those up too). We don’t spend much time checking facts or corroborating sources because, and we can’t stress this enough, we’re not actually journalists and are making most of it up. This is an entertainment site that may occasionally confuse some fact with fiction and vice-versa but ultimately we’re writing about the news to make you laugh. We also might talk about sex and swear a bit from time to time so if you’re under 18 please don’t read it."

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental, seriously.

If we’ve written about something that’s offended you, please accept our apologies. Unless you are just being a big sissy and have forgotten how the internet works.
Go read the babylonbee.com or the onion.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom