Farm Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the farm bill will take hemp from the class 1 drug classification if it passes. I haven't read the current bill, but the ones in the past funded SNAP and other welfare programs. I don't like them being included in a bill that affects farmers and should be a bill of their own. If they did that SNAP would go away or be much highly modified and scrutinized. , so it was bundled into the farm bill to force legislators to pass it every time it comes to a vote.

Bingo! you are exactly correct. It's like a pyramid scheme. The top dogs make the change selling the seed and contracts to the masses. The masses have no market in Ok currently although that is changing. It won't be a free market crop like wheat or corn. You will have to go through contractors licensed by the state that take a cut to sell the seed and pays the state to have that license, and if you don't have the equipment to plant, you will have to contract someone with the equipment to plant and custom harvesters to get the crop in. Each one will take a cut.
The $$$$ numbers the grower might get is not real and is part of the lunacy of hemp being the savior of the world. LOL.
I've looked at this extensively and posted the consequences of planting hemp outside of the research units previously. It's still currently a class I drug no matter if hemp or pot.
If the farm bill in its current wording passes, hemp will no longer be a class 1 drug. It Just opens the door for an acre of pot to be planted in the middle of 160 acres of hemp. Nobody but the grower would know the difference. It's identical.
Your wrong. And BTW, it's already passed with a landslide vote. Just needs Trump to sign it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rasmussen says 88% want hemp, maybe more. Probably more. Some people say there's more. Most people, most people say that. It's beautiful. A really beautiful thing. I'm pretty sure there's more.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If hemp becomes legal, then CBD oil will be legal....?
They sell it all over the place but I think it's illegal by fed law now.
CBD oil is legal in ok. It is only legal if it is 00% THC free and one must read the lab report from the retailer you wish to buy from in order to know if its THC free. CBD manufactured in OK is all THC free.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CBD oil is legal in ok. It is only legal if it is 00% THC free and one must read the lab report from the retailer you wish to buy from in order to know if its THC free. CBD manufactured in OK is all THC free.
That doesn't address the question of federal law. From Wikipedia:

United States
In the United States, non-FDA approved CBD products are classified as Schedule I drugs under the Controlled Substances Act.[62] This means that production, distribution, and possession of non-FDA approved CBD products is illegal under federal law. In addition, in 2016 the Drug Enforcement Administration added "marijuana extracts" to the list of Schedule I drugs, which it defined as "an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis, other than the separated resin (whether crude or purified) obtained from the plant."[63] Previously, CBD had simply been considered "marijuana", which is a Schedule I drug.[62][64]

In September 2018, following its approval by the FDA for rare types of childhood epilepsy,[13] Epidiolex was rescheduled (by the Drug Enforcement Administration) as a Schedule V drug to allow for its prescription use.[14] This change applies only to FDA-approved products containing no more than 0.1 percent THC.[14] This allows GW Pharmaceuticals to sell Epidiolex, but it does not apply broadly and all other CBD-containing products remain Schedule I drugs.[14] Epidiolex still requires rescheduling in some states before it can be prescribed in those states.[65][66]

13. "FDA approves first drug comprised of an active ingredient derived from marijuana to treat rare, severe forms of epilepsy". US Food and Drug Administration. 25 June 2018. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
14. "DEA reschedules Epidiolex, marijuana-derived drug, paving the way for it to hit the market". CNBC. September 27, 2018.
62. Hudak J, Stenglein C (February 6, 2017). "DEA guidance is clear: Cannabidiol is illegal and always has been". FixGov. Brookings Institution. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
63. "Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marijuana Extract". Federal Register. 81 (240): 90194–90196. December 14, 2016. 81 FR 90195
64. "Clarification of the New Drug Code (7350) for Marijuana Extract". U.S. Department of Justice. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
65. "Epilepsy Foundation Statement on DEA's Scheduling of Epidiolex" (Press release). Landover, MD: Epilepsy Foundation. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
66. "State Rescheduling for FDA-approved Therapies Derived from CBD". Epilepsy Foundation. Retrieved 1 November 2018.​

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's how I would group Oklahoma producers........

Group 1- Older generation, 60-80 year old, they're still farming the family homesteads from the land runs from just a generation or two prior to them. Pot has been taboo their whole lives, and most likely won't start now. They don't and won't differentiate between pot and hemp, it's the same thing to them. The older generations have seen things come and go dozens of times over the years, and if their farm plan is still paying the bills after all these years, they won't take the leap on something unproven. This generation also has the most oil/gas money, since rarely do mineral rights sell with the surface now.

Group 2- Younger generations, the twenty through fifty year old producers. They are much more likely to have an extensive cattle program, and need wheat pasture throughout the fall and winter, otherwise they're buying more hay and feed for 5-6 months of the year. The younger generations look to the older generation for advise on what's kept the farm going all these years, and I can hear them now..... "Son we've seen carpetbaggers come and go, and these things have held true throughout the years, oil, natural gas, and cattle and the crops are a bonus if they make." They're in line to inherit land and mineral rights, so why stick their neck out there with hemp?

You simply just don't see "new" farmers and ranchers, it's too expensive to start up from nothing. Any up and comers were born and raised on the farm and either want to continue the family farm/ranch, or they were born and raised on the farm and want no part of it, and go a completely different direction with their career.

Latest posts

Top Bottom