Farm & Ranch security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a long talk with a dear friend who farms in Garfièld county about security problems she faces. Someone is setting arson fires to hay supplies, cattle rustling is happening more. A guy just got busted taking stolen beef to the new Hennessey processor.
Everything from thieves draining your hydraulic fluid out of Ag equipment, stealing diesel anďgas out of trucks and equipment, stealing equipment or stripping parts, hydraulic hoses, implement parts,tires, fence materials, etc.
She is worried about being kidnapped or home invasion since she runs a good sized operation.
She has a 38 special she carries and a 9mm carbine with a red dot in her vehicle. I suggested a 9mm handgun that shares mags wìh her carbine would be a good idea.
I encouraged her to look at a .357 lever gun since she has a 38 pistol. I offered to build her a light weight AR in 7.62x39 or 300 Blackout or a tactical 12ga. She is a fairly small lady so keeping a weapon in a decent size and weight.
I told her to routinely write down vehicle descriptions and tag # of anyone suspicious around her farms. She has web camera security on her home place. I told her to get some cellular game cameras for her other farm properties too.
I am going to go do a range day with her, give her some tactical lessons and see if I can help her tighten up security on her operation.
I fear things will get worse as the Dems crash the country and city criminals fan out.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will grab her some speedloaders and defensive ammo for her .38 teach her some carry technique.
I might get her a Stevens 320 pump I saw in a pawn shop this week, those can cycle Aquilla mini shells, 2 3/4 and 3" good. The Aguilla mini buckshot have 4 #1buck and 7#4 buck in each shell at 1250fps, a regular 5 shot gun will hold 10. Recoil is very manageable too.
Get her a buttstock shell holder with some 2 3/4 slugs or oobuck rounds
The new Mossberg 590S will cycle & shoot minis too.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a long talk with a dear friend who farms in Garfièld county about security problems she faces. Someone is setting arson fires to hay supplies, cattle rustling is happening more. A guy just got busted taking stolen beef to the new Hennessey processor.
Everything from thieves draining your hydraulic fluid out of Ag equipment, stealing diesel anďgas out of trucks and equipment, stealing equipment or stripping parts, hydraulic hoses, implement parts,tires, fence materials, etc.
She is worried about being kidnapped or home invasion since she runs a good sized operation.
She has a 38 special she carries and a 9mm carbine with a red dot in her vehicle. I suggested a 9mm handgun that shares mags wìh her carbine would be a good idea.
I encouraged her to look at a .357 lever gun since she has a 38 pistol. I offered to build her a light weight AR in 7.62x39 or 300 Blackout or a tactical 12ga. She is a fairly small lady so keeping a weapon in a decent size and weight.
I told her to routinely write down vehicle descriptions and tag # of anyone suspicious around her farms. She has web camera security on her home place. I told her to get some cellular game cameras for her other farm properties too.
I am going to go do a range day with her, give her some tactical lessons and see if I can help her tighten up security on her operation.
I fear things will get worse as the Dems crash the country and city criminals fan out.
Be happy to patrol her property… I dont know what the legality is for that but Im willing to go play in the dark.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not too far from Garfield Co.
I had some issues with thieves as well. Cell game cameras are going to be her friend.
Sending you a PM

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does she have a couple of big dogs? She could get some blue heeler mixes. They are just right for farms in my opinion. At least one good dog to keep with her.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I live in the far nw tip of the county. The east side and particularly the se part has always been plagued by theft 1000x more than any other part of the county. Western Noble and nw Kingfisher county is the same. If anyone is missing anything, it will either be in or within a 5 mile radius of Marshall.......theft, drugs, domestics are ripe in that part of the county. There were SO and OHP all over that area the other afternoon while the arson fires were going on. Everything always ends up around the Douglas and Marshall areas. Most rural thefts occur during the day. They won't hesitate to kill a dog when nobody is around. Good that she has home security cams. She needs cellular game cams that will send to her phone instantly for her other propert. Thieves will pass by several times at different times and pattern the property. Her getting multiple pics of the same vehicle over and over is a big heads up. The Thieves aren't smart, just efficient lol. Feel free to PM me if needed. GCSO has a great sheriff and deputies right now as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom