Fast internet problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out in our neck of the woods it is Hughesnet or nada. Better off with nada IMHO.
I am in the same boat, but with a twist. If I want cell phone service, I have to use an app called Line 2, and use WiFi. We get ZERO, absolutely no cell phone signal for about 2,500 feet in all directions of my house. We tried their highest package, and literally could not get anymore speed than when we had their lowest package, so we switched back to the cheapest package. So, we muddle through with most of our TV being received with an antenna, and the other stuff we watch on Roku, after hitting play, then pause, and waiting about an hour for the show to buffer. We usually have to take about a 1/2 hour intermission about 2/3 through a 1 hour show to allow it to finish buffering.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, but with a twist. If I want cell phone service, I have to use an app called Line 2, and use WiFi. We get ZERO, absolutely no cell phone signal for about 2,500 feet in all directions of my house. We tried their highest package, and literally could not get anymore speed than when we had their lowest package, so we switched back to the cheapest package. So, we muddle through with most of our TV being received with an antenna, and the other stuff we watch on Roku, after hitting play, then pause, and waiting about an hour for the show to buffer. We usually have to take about a 1/2 hour intermission about 2/3 through a 1 hour show to allow it to finish buffering.

For every problem there is a solution... https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/large-home-solution-kits It's not cheap but if you really want cell service that is how you can get something available. There is an outside antenna that you would want to get to an area that does have a signal available and the higher you can get it the better generally. The actual amp and then another antenna that you want to get as close to your home as possible.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh ok. I thought it might be. Ditching isn't cheap, especially if you have to pay a contractor.
Even the the company I had look at it for me couldn't believe Vyve hasn't put service in the addition. Half a block away is an addition and they have terminals about every 50 feet. It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. My dads street only has 7 houses and not all of them are Vyve customers. And I have seen the same crap in another addition way out further in the country that had less than 7 homes in it yet Vyve laid terminals in it about every 50 feet. That's cost effective for them yet doing it in mine isn't for some reason. What an idiotic company.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even the the company I had look at it for me couldn't believe Vyve hasn't put service in the addition. Half a block away is an addition and they have terminals about every 50 feet. It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. My dads street only has 7 houses and not all of them are Vyve customers. And I have seen the same crap in another addition way out further in the country that had less than 7 homes in it yet Vyve laid terminals in it about every 50 feet. That's cost effective for them yet doing it in mine isn't for some reason. What an idiotic company.
Is there a utility easement where they would need to run service to your addition? If not it may not be as profitable as it seems to you. One property owner may not give 2 schlits about the internet service and may want a mint to cross him. Without enough contracts in place for a long enough duration it wouldn't be profitable.
They obviously have more skin in the game and if the payoff is far enough out, maybe they see it as financially prudent to not invest the capital in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom