Fat Guy Shooting Team - OKC Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put me solidly in the "maybe" row for now, I could be out of town that weekend. I'll update my status as things progress.

If I'm around I'll show up and maybe bring my AR with a LaRue MBT if anyone would like to try it out.

Ron's is a fairly sizable place, and we'd likely all fit if that place is chosen.

Put me down as a maybe as well, and I would be interested in trying that trigger. Never been to Ron's before.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put me down as "confirmed", though I don't usually get up on a Saturday until 11am....so this should be interesting.
I'll also bring the girlfriend.

The last time we did an eat n shoot at this location we ate pizza at "Jo's Famous Pizza" about 1.5 miles south of the location. It was good and we were all happy with the food. I've been to that Ron's, and it is good as well.

Here is Jo's Website

http://josfamouspizza.com/

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so now at 4 confirmed and 4 maybe by my count. That is bodies not just posts.

Range rates are 15 for the first person and I think 8 for the second. Last time I was there they did charge 1.00 for eyes and 1.00 for ears. I generally bring my own but if you don't have any it's a good incentive to pick a set up. I will stop by before the shoot date and try and make sure everything is setup which is the reason why I am keeping a count. So while I have no problem with you showing up if you want to go let me know about it even if it's a maybe.

Yes last time was Jo's pizza. That is another option but I did want to try and spread the love and not just do the EXACT same thing but if people would rather go there by all means say it.

Going to throw out a tentative schedule for dates till December, going to stick to mornings since the range's will fill up by the afternoon so I am sorry for that. I am also a night owl so for anyone else who is I feel your pain on being there when the place opens. The start time of each date will be the open time of the range in question.

Feb 6th 2016, Safety First, Edmond, OK 9:00AM -- Food @ 11:30AM still in discussion.

April 9th 2016

June 18th 2016

August 27th 2016

October 8th 2016

After that nothing till January or February so people can enjoy the holidays.

I would like to make sure one is at an outdoor range the only thing there is we will need to plan an alternative indoor one in case of poor weather so if someone has a suggestion for one please keep that in mind. Same goes for food afterwards, if we do an outdoor one we can probably bring a couple grills with burgers and dogs, or after an indoor shoot we could do the same and meet at a park. Everyone grab a few things and bring it along though it will again likely depend on weather unless we can secure a covered pavilion.

I would also like to throw out there that we can do a Sunday shoot as well. I believe H&H has started doing $5.00 per person on Sunday mornings so that would be a good time to stop in so we can buy more ammo.

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, still 4 confirmed and 4 maybes.

Since no one has made a different suggestion it will be Feb 6th 2016, Safety First, Edmond, OK 9:00AM -- Food @ 11:30AM Ron's Hamburger in Edmond.

April I think we should move to the 10th and Hit H&H shooting sports so we can do a different day where a few who can not normally make a saturday can come out. Show up when they first open and hang around till about noon. Who wants to throw out a suggestion for a place to eat. We can stay at the range if that is what is most desired or grab something nearby.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still committed to go to Safety 1st Range on Feb the 6th at 9:00 am.

I think I'll make it a 9mm day,,,
I'll bring these three pistols:
  • CZ-75B
  • Ruger LC9
  • Bersa Thunder UC

I e-mailed the range asking about their range fees and ammo policies,,,
Some ranges don't like the steel cased stuff I use for range fodder.

Anyone have any experience with their policies and fees?

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom