Favorite Brand of Pistol Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Brand of Pistol

• Total voters

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While my screen name and current ownership might make you think Glocks for me, I have to go with S&W for several reasons.

First, no one makes a more comprehensive line of revolvers. Yes Ruger makes both DA and SA where Smith only makes DA, but you can thumb cock most Smith revos just like you can a SA. No one's revolvers can be tuned for competition like S&W and they make (or made) arguably the best fighting revolver ever made, the 4" Model 19.

Second, I now consider the Shield pretty much indispensable as a carry piece. Their larger M&P offerings can cover HD and duty use quite well, along with competition.

They make a fine line of 1911's for everything from carry to competition. Their external extractor design for the 1911 is pretty much the only one that's worked well.

They make arguably one of the best .22's on the market, the Model 41. They also have budget rimfires , to include M&P's for inexpensive training and "plinking". ;)

They could easily reproduce their 3rd gen series pistols for those that require DA/SA or DAO guns. There were some iconic pieces in there such as the 4506, 1006 and the 3913 is still a great carry gun.

I don't think any handgun manufacturer makes a more comprehensive line of handguns at the same level of quality. If I had to "make do" with only one brand for the rest of my life, I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything with Smith.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, by your own post, you proved MM's point.

It's "Heckler & Koch" when spelled out, and "HK" when abbreviated.

How in the world did I prove MM's point? Everyone says S&W when referring to Smith & Wesson, I too have always used S&W when referring to Smith & Wesson, I have always used H&K when referring to Heckler & Koch the trade name is trademarked as such. In reality it doesn't really matter much what you refer to then as in my opinion, calling a magazine a clip matters but not whether you omit or include the ampersand in S&W or H&K.....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
220px-HK_Logo.svg.png

upload_2017-9-8_13-16-7.png

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
How in the world did I prove MM's point? Everyone says S&W when referring to Smith & Wesson, I too have always used S&W when referring to Smith & Wesson, I have always used H&K when referring to Heckler & Koch the trade name is trademarked as such. In reality it doesn't really matter much what you refer to then as in my opinion, calling a magazine a clip matters but not whether you omit or include the ampersand in S&W or H&K.....

Did you even look at the picture YOU posted?

img_2383-jpg.106503

It shows "Heckler & Koch" & "HK". Which is exactly what MM said.

If you can't remember what he said:
When referred to by its full name, "Heckler and Koch", yes, they use the ampersand.

So, "Heckler & Koch".

When referred to by only its initials, it is pronounced "HK", without the ampersand.

And "HK"

Which is EXACTLY what the picture you posted shows. Reading is fundamental.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HK. (not H&K).

The comapny is named Heckler & Koch, I agree with the H&K usage here

When referred to by its full name, "Heckler and Koch", yes, they use the ampersand. When referred to by only its initials, it is pronounced "HK", without the ampersand.

Do you have a Heckler & Koch bible we don't know about ? The company name is not Heckler and Koch it's Heckler & Koch....I have always said H&K and I will continue because I like but mostl because I now know it will annoy you
View attachment 106503

So, by your own post, you proved MM's point.

It's "Heckler & Koch" when spelled out, and "HK" when abbreviated.

Did you even look at the picture YOU posted?

img_2383-jpg.106503

It shows "Heckler & Koch" & "HK". Which is exactly what MM said.

If you can't remember what he said:

So, "Heckler & Koch".

And "HK"

Which is EXACTLY what the picture you posted shows. Reading is fundamental.

i3.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_339_373_b65.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom