Favorite cordless tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have:
Impact Driver (this is by far my favorite with quick release hex drill bits and screwdriver bits)
Drill
Hammer drill
Impact
Sawzall
Angle grinder
Circular saw
Leaf blower

I'm thinking one of those oscillating multitools is next. They look handy.

The oscillating one is handy handy handy!

The Dewalt pole saw and chain saw are the cats meow as well!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have:
Impact Driver (this is by far my favorite with quick release hex drill bits and screwdriver bits)
Drill
Hammer drill
Impact
Sawzall
Angle grinder
Circular saw
Leaf blower

I'm thinking one of those oscillating multitools is next. They look handy.
I recently got the ocsillating tool, super handy, especially with the scraper blade on it. I am using the cordless router way more than I thought I would, and the angle grinder is awesome too.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gas vs electric depends what you're doing and how often you use it.
I was looking at a gas leaf blower then thought about it and I'd only use it a few times a year...like 3. I was going to get a Stihl BG86 but decided it's not worth keeping it going for the few times I need one. Dewalt for the win especially when they're on sale and include free batteries. That's also why I think an electric chainsaw would be handy. I don't need one often and it's "work" to keep a gas engine ready to roll, when I might need it once or twice a year and for light duty work.
We have both versions of the Dewalt blowers, they get used a lot cleaning house too(dog hair...). The cordless chainsaw is super handy, and so is the hedge trimmer.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironically I've seen two people use the oscillating tool and swear by them. I asked my dad if he had any experience with them and he has one but never uses it.

His two favorites are the little Dewalt chainsaw and their small Circular trim saw

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to say battery powered weed eater. I have an older one from B&D and it works great.
Took a chance because it was on sale (of course they brought out the "next generation" right after).
I only wish all the different brands of tools didn't take their own style of batteries. :homer:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We aren't into tools so much since retirement and moving into an RV for full time living. Back a number of years ago, while we were living in Colorado for 20 months, the wife came back down to Oklahoma to help our youngest son while he recuperated from a surgery. While she was there, they decided to tackle fixing some part of his couch (frame?), and after doing so, she called me and told me what they had done. She also informed me that she had ordered a Craftsman right angle impact driver that would be delivered to a particular Sears store in Colorado Springs.

That driver has really been a time saver over the years and is one of few tools that we carry in our Ford Expedition all the time. There has been multiple times we got it out to help someone with removing or inserting screws and bolts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom