Favorite duck call ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back the late 80's when I first started duck hunting I ask a older hardcore duck hunter at work which duck call to get and he said, "get a Yentzen, that's all you'll ever need". Being a novice that was not much to go on but I finally figured out what he meant was a 'Yentzen Caller' and after figuring out who made it I ordered one in from Sure Shot in Grove, TX.

Except during deer season me, my 12 ga. Browning "Humpback" A5 and the Yentzen hunted ducks hot and heavy both Saturday and Sunday for over 20 years from farm ponds and watersheds with just four or five Flambeau mallard decoys, didn't have a dog so I'd take a rod and reel and cast a big floating Rapala with three sets of treble hooks to retrieve my downed ducks if the water got deeper than my chest waders and most times I'd have my limit by an hour or two after legal shooting light. Can't recall the year or years but I can remember back when duck numbers were so low that the limit was just one duck per day but I still got out there and hunted anyway.

I did purchase another Sure Shot duck call along the way and it's a Mallard 650, it's acrylic and puts out more volume when the ducks are flying high but the Yentzen gets used more than 95% of the time.

Duck call.jpg

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep always got to have a goose call on your lanyard and put out a few goose floaters with your spread killed some geese over the years while duck hunting.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
QUACK<QUACK<QUACK,QUACK putter putter,putter, putter QUAAACK quack quack. Oh sorry, I could'nt hep mesef and you did ask.
An old Faulk's call is the only one I have.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I still make noise with a RNT that was free with a Wildfowl magazine subscription sometime in the mid 90’s

Latest posts

Top Bottom