Favorite duck call ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an acrylic Echo DRT given to me as a Christmas gift 10 years ago. Hands down my favorite.

Probably the most underestimated call is a mallard drake whistle. I’m not even sure what brand I have but it is like a magnet for wary birds that just don’t want to finish.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an acrylic Echo DRT given to me as a Christmas gift 10 years ago. Hands down my favorite.

Probably the most underestimated call is a mallard drake whistle. I’m not even sure what brand I have but it is like a magnet for wary birds that just don’t want to finish.
never had one ill have to find one and try it

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there many places in Oklahoma that hold a lot of wood duck?

When I lived in Mississippi, I use to duck hunt on Lake Mary every year, and even on the worst year, you could always count mallards by the hundreds and wood duck by the thousands! You could shoot a limit of birds every time you went out.

We have never heard anyone else use a wood duck call while on the lake hunting, but with just a little bit of calling, it never took long to get to wrapped up in wood duck, it was hard to pick out which bird you wanted to shoot first.

A wood duck call or "whistle" is one of the easiest calls to use, and also one of the most effective.

I don't get to duck hunt very many places or very much anymore due to failing health, but duck and goose hunting has always been my most favorite hunting of all.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea my old buddy i spent all those years with hunting moved away but i built another 16' starcraft deep V . bought bunch of decoys. probably going to try it again soon

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there many places in Oklahoma that hold a lot of wood duck?

When I lived in Mississippi, I use to duck hunt on Lake Mary every year, and even on the worst year, you could always count mallards by the hundreds and wood duck by the thousands! You could shoot a limit of birds every time you went out.

We have never heard anyone else use a wood duck call while on the lake hunting, but with just a little bit of calling, it never took long to get to wrapped up in wood duck, it was hard to pick out which bird you wanted to shoot first.

A wood duck call or "whistle" is one of the easiest calls to use, and also one of the most effective.

I don't get to duck hunt very many places or very much anymore due to failing health, but duck and goose hunting has always been my most favorite hunting of all.
I went teal hunting three times last month. The first two trips, the only birds that came into my spread-literally kept landing on top of it, 20 feet from me-were woodies. That spots in eastern Oklahoma (east of highway 99) in a heavily wooded area. All my honey holes west of 35 hold the green heads. I personally have never seen nor shot a woodie west of 35, but I know people that have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom