Favorite Holsters-IWB and OWB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had/have a bunch of holsters! Here's my four all-time favorite ones:
1. IWB: Milt Summer Special II
2. OWB: Kramer Belt Scabbard
3. Hybrid: Crossbreed
4. All Kydex: RM Holsters -Lowrider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Both for my G19:
Blade-Tech Phantom super thin and has loops.
Bianchi has a hybrid line of holsters with kydex on the inside and leather outside. I've got a snap-on OWB holster that I like from this line.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Jeans and T-Shirt guy. I need size 35 waist jeans which are almost non existent. I buy 36's and carry a full sized 1911 IWB when I am dressed and it works well for me. I am untucked most of the time, but it tucks in well, just have to take an extra couple minutes to get the right fit. It just feels normal after a while, forget it is there most of the time. For very occasional slacks or shorts I carry a pocket P238.

I have been carrying an Allen Gear IWB 3 about a year now and am happy with it after I put lock tite on the screws. Previous I was using a Crossbread Super Tuck.

The Super Tuck had an open inch or so at the bottom, so I got more lint and body oil in the barrel area. After a year or so the leather started to retain my sitting shape while drying out from being sweaty during the day. Made the edge curl, so I tried the Allen Gear and like it.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IWB has got to be the Bladetech Phantom
OWB is an Uncle Mike's kydex paddle holster.
Both are made for a G17 but my EDC is a Glock 19. If not the Glock then an LCP in my pocket

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IWB: Safariland 575 GLS
OWB: Safariland 578 GLS

Are my current favorites and both were designed by Bill Rogers. Neither one is very expensive, each is designed to fit hundreds of handguns and they have a retention system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom