Favorite IWB Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Milt sparks VM2
TT gunleather Mikes special

This! You just cannot go wrong with an IWB from one of these two makers. I kid you not. I also get either an RM Lowrider from Rmholsters or a PJ IWB single Clip kydex Holster ( same design) for each carry gun. I have been using pj holsters the most lately because he will put a reinforcement on the clip to minimize breakage, whereas RM holsters hasn’t gotten that feature yet. You can store a loaded gun in kydex, and cover the trigger for added safety too. If you store in leather, or inside a pistol rug, you’re asking for moisture to develop on the covered parts of the pistol. Moisture leads to rust. Rust is ugly and is also a considered bad manners among firearms owners. The kydex is also good for quick on and quick off situations, like when you have to run down to the local Stop N Rob for a qt of milk or a dozen eggs at 11:30 pm.

I can also say that for about half the price of either Sparks or TT GUNLEATHER, UBG Holsters makes an awesome IWB, the Canute, that may not be as pretty as one of the Bigger Names, like Milt Sparks or TT GUNLEATHER, or Del Fatti or Grizzle, or maybe one or two other major players in the world of custom holsters, but is equally effective. He gives us a forum discount too, use coupon code “okshooters” and get 12% off! I honestly see UBG as the best value there is, as compared to about any other. Google up, and read reviews. Also, search IWB holsters here on OSA, there is tons of info to be had on holsters.

Here’s some pics: The first is a TT Gunleather KX LIGHTWEIGHT for a G43 with its PJ Kydex beside it. Next two pics are of a UBG Canute made for me for a P229.
8bcd0f1c4de0e754cb62c10f3aa5a954.jpg
98d0491bb5b9164eaeda269648191e91.jpg
e5ff7011387ae119d506f15b8fd1df40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carried my 1911 daily with what ever I might be doing in a Crossbreed Supertuck for a couple years. Leather would get wet with sweat in the summer, then dry while sitting in the evening and formed a curved lump on the lower side where it was on my leg. Thought I would find something cheap to use while I tried to mold it back out strait. Picked up a Alian Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 just as they first came out 2-3 years ago. I do not have any plans to take the Allian off unless I might have to send it in for warranty some day and use the Super Tuck for a back up. Very comfortable and functional for me especially in the hammer flap area sitting.

Only problem I have had with both of them, being adjustable, I have had to loc-tite the screws when I got it adjusted where I want it. They also have a shell trade in program if you decide to carry a different firearm in the future. Lifetime warranty. I think they still have a 30 day return if you are not happy also.

Works great for me, JMO Good luck to you.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carried my 1911 daily with what ever I might be doing in a Crossbreed Supertuck for a couple years. Leather would get wet with sweat in the summer, then dry while sitting in the evening and formed a curved lump on the lower side where it was on my leg. Thought I would find something cheap to use while I tried to mold it back out strait. Picked up a Alian Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 just as they first came out 2-3 years ago. I do not have any plans to take the Allian off unless I might have to send it in for warranty some day and use the Super Tuck for a back up. Very comfortable and functional for me especially in the hammer flap area sitting.

Only problem I have had with both of them, being adjustable, I have had to loc-tite the screws when I got it adjusted where I want it. They also have a shell trade in program if you decide to carry a different firearm in the future. Lifetime warranty. I think they still have a 30 day return if you are not happy also.

Works great for me, JMO Good luck to you.
The Cloak Tuck seems to be one of the more popular, and more within my budget than the VM2.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Cloak Tuck seems to be one of the more popular, and more within my budget than the VM2.

Oh it is popular and part of that is that it is cheap. Get one, and then save up a bit and get a VM II or a TT Gunleather Mike’s Special IWB and you’ll know why these are so popular, despite the higher price.

I have to say, after thinking on it a bit more, the UBG Canute is about the best deal around though, when you factor in price. I have bought more than a few from him and they are well built and very comfortable holsters. It all depends on what you want. Personally, I’ll take an all leather Canute over any hybrid all day everyday. Then at night, after I wipe it down, I slip my carry gun in it’s inexpensive kydex holster so it’s at the ready but the trigger is covered. The Canute hangs up so it dries well and is then ready for another day of braving bad guys at places like the prescription counter, doctor’s office, local eatery, and the grocery store.

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drutyj what do you wipe your leather down with

Renaissance Wax. Wipe on, wipe off and buff it with a clean dry rag or old t-shirt material. I get it at that high dollar wood working store on N May Ave in OKC. I think it’s called Woodcrafters. It’s expensive, but it lasts for years. I use it on leather, both blued and stainless guns, knives...it’s the same stuff they use in museums to take care of old valuable stuff. If not that, Kiwi Polish in the can. Put it on with a small polish brush or a damp cloth, then buff it with a shoe polish buffer brush. Never use liquid polish, and never try to soften a leather holster with anything like saddle soap or mink oil. It will get soft; too soft and it will no longer have any retention. Might as well just carry your gun in a leather sock.

Renaissance Wax is the best. It will protect an older blued that you want to keep in great condition. No need to coat it in grease or heavy oil. Wax that thing and protect the finish. Like those museum dudes caring for and protecting an old Viking Broad Axe from the 8th century or something. I betcha they use Renaissance Wax too.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Renaissance Wax. Wipe on, wipe off and buff it with a clean dry rag or old t-shirt material. I get it at that high dollar wood working store on N May Ave in OKC. I think it’s called Woodcrafters. It’s expensive, but it lasts for years. I use it on leather, both blued and stainless guns, knives...it’s the same stuff they use in museums to take care of old valuable stuff. If not that, Kiwi Polish in the can. Put it on with a small polish brush or a damp cloth, then buff it with a shoe polish buffer brush. Never use liquid polish, and never try to soften a leather holster with anything like saddle soap or mink oil. It will get soft; too soft and it will no longer have any retention. Might as well just carry your gun in a leather sock.

Renaissance Wax is the best. It will protect an older blued that you want to keep in great condition. No need to coat it in grease or heavy oil. Wax that thing and protect the finish. Like those museum dudes caring for and protecting an old Viking Broad Axe from the 8th century or something. I betcha they use Renaissance Wax too.

This stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-...id=1546985238&sr=8-2&keywords=Renaissance+Wax

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the UBG holsters. You get a discount for being a member here. They're cheap, okay turnaround time, and are made from leather. Leather is more comfortable than plastic.

Don't get Milt Sparks. Over priced and over hyped if you ask me. And I think their turnaround is crazy long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom