Favorite Unique Handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had that exact same model. Played many a Marshal Dillon episodes with that thing.
I was started off young down the path.
IMG_20210412_211812261~3.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a very cool little pistol. I bet there's not too many of them around!
There were Three hundred thousand or more made. Pretty popular pistol back in the production days.
I've looked in the Blue Book of arms 10 or so years ago. They were valued at around $375 or so then. Have no clue now.
Only seen one for sale though and that was at a wannamaker show in a German collectors display. His prices were way above BB prices.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's a POS. I know the Japanese made better models before and during the beginning of the war. This Nambu Type 14 was thrown together toward the end of the war in 44 but still has all matching serial numbers. The 8mm bottleneck cartridge is difficult to acquire and a disappointment to shoot especially when it jams every round.

I also know my father fought in Okinawa in WWII and was in the 96th Infantry Division which was one of the 8 infantry divisions to be sacrificed in the invasion of Japan.

To that effect, I treated this gun as would any European Theater GI would treat any German Luger brought home from war. It is now in the possession of my son. Serial #32268

IMG_E0359.JPG
IMG_E0360.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom