Favorite Unique Handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we've probably been around the block on this or a similar topic before, but I was bored, so I decided to show you my favorite "unique" pistol. It is a Walther PPK-L, the lightweight, aluminum frame PPK model. They were only made for a couple of years. Mine is a 1966 gun. You just don't see these everyday, collector's snatch 'em up quick if there is ever one to be found. They price starting at about the $2,000 mark and up, if in minty condition. Of course if the pistol has the original box, manual, test target. and the Walther "Pickle Fork" that makes it more valuable. I saw one on Gunbroker recently that sold for a hair over $3,000. I have TWO of these, this one shown here is in 765 Browning (.32acp) and I also have one chambered in .22LR

As said, this pistol is chambered in 7.65 Browning; (.32 ACP). It weighs 15.85 oz unloaded and loaded, it's 19.55 oz with a 7+1 capacity. This one is in excellent overall condition; the pics speak for themselves I believe. It has the Walther deep blue finish, and there is only a small bit of wear at the muzzle and at the top of the grips on the back of the slide. I'd guess it to be about 96-98%. I did not get the box, manual, target and pickle fork with this, just the pistol and one mag. Fortunately, .32ACP Walther PPK, PPK/S mags are not that hard to find and I was able to buy a few more. I also have a Stainless PPK/S in .32 ACP, and it's 8-round mags fit the smaller PPK and PPK-L just fine. And I don't need no steenking pickle fork; I use a Tactical Chopstick and that works just fine. I am going to be at Big Boys tomorrow, Sunday, April 11 at 10:00am when they open to shoot this, a Manurhin PPK/S in .380 ACP, and a Manurhin in .22 LR (both of which I have not been able to shoot yet thanks to COVID, quarantining twice, and having just gotten over the flu) and may be a couple others, if anyone would like to come down and shoot it (them). Here are the mandatory pics of the .32 ACP PPK-L, my favorite "unique" handgun.

So what is your own favorite "unique" handgun?

PPK-L 1.jpg
PPK-L 2.jpg
PPK-L 3.jpg
PPK-L4.jpg
PPK-L 5.jpg

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Savage 1905. Mom traded one off of a coworker when I was a young kid for for a couple bags of groceries. Was in rough shape, it had maybe 10% bluing, came with a leather holster that was falling apart at the seems, and the grips were missing. It was 32 acp and came with the 10 round mag. It was unique in that it was the first gun to have a double stack magazine, there was not a single screw in the gun, everything was kept in place by pressure or locking lug design. I don't know why I cherished it so much, but it was given to me as a wedding gift only to be stollen along with everything else of value I owned less than 6 months later. They were made mostly on 32 acp, some were .380, and a very small amount (totals amount vary, but less than 200) in 45 ACP that was submitted for military testing, only to be beat out by the 1911.

Savage_1907_(6825677636).jpg
3917262_1.jpg
savage 1907 french army-05.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just love how these shoot! Also, I really enjoy watching the action work on these. Mauser Lugers.....

IMG_1949.JPG

Top one was made in 1974, a production continuation using the original equipment. This one is NIB.

Bottom one is a 1940 Mauser Banner used by a police force. It has the added sear safety required for police duty. It's much more accurate than I am!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never owned one but a friend did. Rat never would sell it to me. The Webley-Fosbery semi auto revolver. His was in 455.

Semi-automatic pistols were just beginning to appear when Colonel Fosbery (1832–1907) devised a revolver that cocked the hammer and rotated the cylinder by sliding the action, cylinder and barrel assembly back on the frame. The prototype was a modified Colt Single Action Army revolver. Fosbery patented his invention 16 August 1895 and further improvements were patented in June and October 1896.[1]

Fosbery took his design to P. Webley & Son of Birmingham. P. Webley & Son, which merged with W.C. Scott & Sons and Richard Ellis & Son in 1897 to form the Webley & Scott Revolver and Arms Co., was the primary manufacturer of service pistols for the British Army as well as producing firearms for civilian use. Webley further developed the design and the Webley–Fosbery Automatic Revolver was introduced at the matches at Bisley of July 1900.[1]

The revolver was initially made in .455 calibre for the British service cartridge, and later in .38 ACP. While the .455 version had a standard 6-round cylinder, the .38 high velocity (.38 Colt ACP) version had eight chambers and could be loaded by a circular full-moon clip. The .38 version had a shorter cylinder, and thus shorter recoil stroke. Some were made with the short frame in .455 calibre. A variety of modifications led to the production of 6 different models, Marks I through VI.

Webley Fosbery.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom