Fawn Killers, Poult-Nappers, & Chicken Thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's amazing all were females.
I would have thought they stood on their back legs to get at the lure hanging over the trap like we use.
Think they were urinating on the trap or something?
I'm not real sure. There seems to be something to it and I've wondered about it often. Every tom cat I've caught has been front foot catch.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Try putting a trail cam on video mode watching a trap and see if you get lucky and see what they’re doing.

I've done this a few times, and it's amazing how many times a cat will work your set, almost commit and then something else catches their attention and a way they go on down the trail. Fickle creatures lol.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try putting a trail cam on video mode watching a trap and see if you get lucky and see what they’re doing.
I put out a camera last season on a set and it was frustrating to see critters that refused to work a set or the coyotes that came by and turned and run! This season I had planned on doing so but just never did. It don't really matter to me if I catch a critter by the front or the rear foot, but I would like to learn more about their approaches and such. Maybe next season....

Latest posts

Top Bottom