Federal Air Marshals Shooting Standards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perform this with a Tritium night sight not an optic equipped Sig P229 using full power 125gr JHP 357 Sig caliber like my friend who was an Air Marshall did when he qualified. I shot with him at a local range in KCMO, I got some good lessons on shooting the 357 Sig. Big difference in it and standard velocity 9mm 115gr FMJ.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perform this with a Tritium night sight not an optic equipped Sig P229 using full power 125gr JHP 357 Sig caliber like my friend who was an Air Marshall did when he qualified. I shot with him at a local range in KCMO, I got some good lessons on shooting the 357 Sig. Big difference in it and standard velocity 9mm 115gr FMJ.
Just have to wait a split second longer between shots for your sights to be aligned again.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fun fact: OHP's qualifiers ran once a quarter with a minimum score of 72% in any 25 round set. You could shoot as many or as few stages as it took to make it happen. Some "special interest" troopers got to shoot by themselves with only instructors around (no **** -- there are troopers out there whose co-workers have NEVER seen them qualify) and came back magically "passed".

I used to tell Grumpy that if shooting ever broke out it wasn't the bad guys he needed to be worried about. 😬🙄

Another fun fact: They only have to qualify yearly now. Or at least that's how it was for several years before Grumpy retired. Hell it might be even less now ... Lol 😉😂

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took two pistol classes back in 1999 and we shot this version of the AMC. I passed it with a H&K USP 9mm with three dot sights. Back then I was shooting around 34 matches a year between rifles and pistols. I don't shoot that much now. The low ready we shot from was much lower than some of the guys in the film shot from.
air marshal's course.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fun fact: OHP's qualifiers ran once a quarter with a minimum score of 72% in any 25 round set. You could shoot as many or as few stages as it took to make it happen. Some "special interest" troopers got to shoot by themselves with only instructors around (no **** -- there are troopers out there whose co-workers have NEVER seen them qualify) and came back magically "passed".

I used to tell Grumpy that if shooting ever broke out it wasn't the bad guys he needed to be worried about. 😬🙄

Another fun fact: They only have to qualify yearly now. Or at least that's how it was for several years before Grumpy retired. Hell it might be even less now ... Lol 😉😂
I found another one of those ammo cans of bulk .357 sig I bought off him several years back.

I shot one of those in a pistol class. Some tried to tell me 9mm would be cheaper. I agreed that it would, but I place the value of my life a lot more than the difference in cost of 1000 rds of .357 sig and 9mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom