Federal court strikes down Trump-era bump stock ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-strikes-down-trump-era-bump-stock-ban
Lower courts are starting to use the precedent set by SCOTUS when they ruled on West Virginia vs. EPA that these alphabet agencies can't bypass the legislative process and make up rules as they go. I predict all these state laws restricting 2A rights will fall like dominoes in the future. I doubt the ATF will even try for the pistol brace ban now.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news! Unfortunately, I do not believe this ruling will stop the current administration or ATF from continuing to trample on the 2A with unconstitutional edicts. They will push ahead despite legalities because there is no one to hold them accountable.
Yep, there is now law to hold anyone accountable for failing to protect constitutional rights. Wish there was, but have no idea how you could enforce it without bad side effects either.

You have to get through the courts to get what ever stupid law looked at. Costs time and money.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-strikes-down-trump-era-bump-stock-ban
Lower courts are starting to use the precedent set by SCOTUS when they ruled on West Virginia vs. EPA that these alphabet agencies can't bypass the legislative process and make up rules as they go. I predict all these state laws restricting 2A rights will fall like dominoes in the future. I doubt the ATF will even try for the pistol brace ban now.
The ATF should drop the new rule a few days before the shot show on January 17th, and the lawsuits will start immediately. They already have funding and they have been doing lots of maintenance on the eForms site to handle the bandwidth from the looks of all the emails this week. I’m sure this new upcoming ruling on braces will get shot down, but they will definitely release the new ruling from the sounds of it.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they may well go ahead and make the new ruling, but it should not be hard to find a federal judge to issue a temporary injunction to prevent it from going into effect until a federal court case rules on it. The libs did this all the time to Trump whenever he tried to issue executive orders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom