Federal Employee Mandatory Vaccines

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know several carriers, both city and rural and while many of them have gotten the vaccination, it is my understanding nothing has been mandated for them. i could certainly be wrong and it wouldn't surprise me.

"postal workers" does include a very large number of jobs, and the NALC could always claims they are working primarily outdoors, rural carriers mostly in their own vehicles, they could claim they are actually employees of the individual offices, which might place them under 100 employees, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the point here is this, driving it home hard:
Exempt or non-exempt no matter who you work for, no matter what branch, company, agency, private company, this is not about one's health..... Agree?
Now i do believe you should have the option either way, but listen you either for it or against, yes i do think medicine does have it's place in the world and it does good at times, but c'mon man let's be realistic right now at this very moment in time.
That's exactly what the statists believe and want everyone else to believe, and they're doing a very good job at it. They don't want there to be an option. They either want you vaxxed or suffering their consequences, no in-between. So you can't be "for the vaccine, but against mandates".

That's the game in a nutshell and it's very much a game. They don't respect the "exemptions", so if you attempt to play their game by their rules and apply for an exemption? They're still gonna make you suffer. In the end, it really is that simple. :(

Droff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not to be combative but both of those are pretty lame fact checks on the EO mandate as it pertains to the USPS. The EO mandates that Feds and Contractors get the shots. USPS is excluded from the EO but not from the OSHA part, once that gets put into place.
Once OSHA pukes up their directive to the workforce, then we can say the USPS is required to get the shots - unless their union can get it put aside.

From the links;
“USPS is not included in the executive order requiring vaccination of federal employees," a White House spokesperson said in an email statement. "USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this. That said, USPS is strongly encouraged to comply. Also, OSHA will cover USPS through the ETS, meaning that postal workers will be subject to the vaccination or testing policy announced yesterday."

A spokesperson for USPS told USA TODAY in an email statement that the executive order doesn’t explicitly apply to the agency because of the same reasons outlined by the White House, adding that the agency is working with union leadership to determine how to implement OSHA's regulations.

While subject to OSHA regulations, USPS does not fall under the Biden administration’s latest executive order requiring federal employees to get vaccinated.

Once OSHA issues its emergency rule for vaccines and testing, USPS said it expects to “move quickly to determine its applicability to our employees and how best to implement.”

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Govt worker? Nobody is 100% remote.
I am 100% remote government employee. My entire office is too. I report to DC but the people I work with are all over the country as well. The only time I ever go to “the office” is if I need IT assistance that can’t be fixed remotely etc.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be combative but both of those are pretty lame fact checks on the EO mandate as it pertains to the USPS. The EO mandates that Feds and Contractors get the shots. USPS is excluded from the EO but not from the OSHA part, once that gets put into place.
Once OSHA pukes up their directive to the workforce, then we can say the USPS is required to get the shots - unless their union can get it put aside.

From the links;
“USPS is not included in the executive order requiring vaccination of federal employees," a White House spokesperson said in an email statement. "USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this. That said, USPS is strongly encouraged to comply. Also, OSHA will cover USPS through the ETS, meaning that postal workers will be subject to the vaccination or testing policy announced yesterday."

A spokesperson for USPS told USA TODAY in an email statement that the executive order doesn’t explicitly apply to the agency because of the same reasons outlined by the White House, adding that the agency is working with union leadership to determine how to implement OSHA's regulations.

While subject to OSHA regulations, USPS does not fall under the Biden administration’s latest executive order requiring federal employees to get vaccinated.

Once OSHA issues its emergency rule for vaccines and testing, USPS said it expects to “move quickly to determine its applicability to our employees and how best to implement.”
Not sure how it’s lame when it explicitly states that the EO doesn’t apply, but the OSHA rule will. That means they deadline for USPS will be delayed, but not denied.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i know several carriers, both city and rural and while many of them have gotten the vaccination, it is my understanding nothing has been mandated for them. i could certainly be wrong and it wouldn't surprise me.

"postal workers" does include a very large number of jobs, and the NALC could always claims they are working primarily outdoors, rural carriers mostly in their own vehicles, they could claim they are actually employees of the individual offices, which might place them under 100 employees, etc.
They are still touching by hand the mail they put in my and everyone else's rural mail box.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I didn't even mess with it and went ahead and got the shot. Everyone I work with says there going to sue but I'm not going through all that and go broke paying a federal attorney on the hopes of getting my job back and getting a settlement, I don't think this was a fly by night plan, I believe they know what they can get away with or they wouldn't have mandated it. It's a whole different world when you set foot on the base. They do what they want to a point and you can take it or leave it.
Is it a written mandate or the televised ramblings of a foolish old puppet.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 100% remote government employee. My entire office is too. I report to DC but the people I work with are all over the country as well. The only time I ever go to “the office” is if I need IT assistance that can’t be fixed remotely etc.
You cant renew your CAC from home. You'll have to enter base/bldg. to do that.

Top Bottom